Iowa 2nd District Race Tidbit

JMNSH0

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2025
717
1,395
93
Dave Bushaw is a Lefty running as an independent. He has alleged that Democratic candidate Lindsay James offered him a job in her office if she were to get elected--he described the conversation as "gross". She had previously expressed to people in his orbit that she was frustrated with his candidacy. The story seems to only be reported in a couple of RW rags. I have been involved in Iowa Dem politics on and off for 30 years, and I have to say I've never been real impressed by much of anything from the party. The real ones seem to be relegated to the fringes. I suppose a charitable view of this allegation is that it is the party core inviting the fringe to the table, but I am too cynical to accept that. I really like Bushaw, I don't frequently break from the party, but I'm considering it, again.

https://washingtonreporter.news/exc...ves-she-wanted-him-to-withdraw-from-the-race/
 

Jerome Silberman

All-American
Dec 19, 2022
3,599
7,969
113
That race is interesting. The DNC candidate is a small college prof, the GOP guy was buds with Charlie Kirk, Bushaw wears a hippie costume but seems to have the ear of a lot of MAGA voters in the top row of counties with his unique populism and there's a libertarian from Postville that is probably more intelligent than the rest combined, but has some really odd priorities.

Beware the turning point guy from clear lake.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cigaretteman
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football A new opportunity for Chris Johnson?
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football Our detailed open date checklist for Clemson Football
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Quarterback
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football The big question for Clemson Football ahead of the second half of the season
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson loses linebacker commitment