Internet at the Lake?

brtinla

All-American
Jul 11, 2005
11,113
5,396
0
I will be going to Lake Texhoma a lot this summer and the house I stay at has no Wi-Fi. I was told the local service is horrible. How does one set up Wi-Fi? I think you can buy something at Best Buy and whatnot but I am not tech savvy. How does one do it? Thanks in advance.
 

The Duke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
18,547
59,368
103
 
  • Like
Reactions: poke2001

brtinla

All-American
Jul 11, 2005
11,113
5,396
0
Why don't I just **** your girl in the ***. Will that give me a signal?
 

0rangeSlice

Redshirt
Aug 15, 2011
181
26
0
I will be going to Lake Texhoma a lot this summer and the house I stay at has no Wi-Fi. I was told the local service is horrible. How does one set up Wi-Fi? I think you can buy something at Best Buy and whatnot but I am not tech savvy. How does one do it? Thanks in advance.

If you have cell service, you can use your phone as a hot spot.
 

purkey

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
195,623
20,883
113
my wife has unlimited data with ATT and has the option for the hotspot. I thought the same thing...that you couldn't get both unlimited data and the hotspot. Not sure why. She never uses it. Turns out she has it but it's limited. I guess they can tell the difference between tethering and not tethering.
 
Last edited:

KMBOSU02

Sophomore
Nov 1, 2006
170
131
43
The service is okay down there. Unless you want to stream movies or whatever. I get good service with Att. Especially after I dip it in the water
If you really want your streams to work well you need to find brisk flowing stream coming off the lake to dip your laptop in for best results.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CowboyJD
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  4. 04 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia