INTERLOCKERS UNITE

Maroon13

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
4,221
4,403
113
what is the point of making this game the snow bowl game?

Snow bowl wasn't in September or in Starkville or v UTn. I assume because it was 25 years ago in December?
 
  • Sad
Reactions: JackShephard

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,725
12,490
113
frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ
 

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,214
13,058
113
what is the point of making this game the snow bowl game?

Snow bowl wasn't in September or in Starkville or v UTn. I assume because it was 25 years ago in December?
Is it commemorating the snow bowl or is it just a white out? I hope it's the latter. We can do that with maroon jerseys and helmets.

I don't mind a white out when it's hot in September. But I hate all white uniforms with helmets. And especially if it allows UT to wear that nasty orange jersey.

ETA: I see now it's for the snow bowl. Seems dumb to me. Just white out the stadium and wear maroon jerseys/helmet with interlocking. It's not that hard.
 

Maroon13

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
4,221
4,403
113
Is it commemorating the snow bowl or is it just a white out? I hope it's the latter. We can do that with maroon jerseys and helmets.
I thought it was a "white out" too. But the school put out the video of Madkin scoring the winning TD on socials. So I figure they are going to recognize that 2000 team ... maybe. Dnk.
 

bulldognation

All-Conference
Jan 26, 2004
3,805
1,556
113
It’s not white, it’s cocaine colored. And maybe we could have a little blow in the oxygen inhalers if we plan on keeping pace with the Vols.
 

ckDOG

All-American
Dec 11, 2007
10,418
6,812
113
what is the point of making this game the snow bowl game?

Snow bowl wasn't in September or in Starkville or v UTn. I assume because it was 25 years ago in December?
I have no clue why we chose this game for a white out but the one where our guests wear bright orange wouldn't have topped my list of white out opportunities.
 

skip dog

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2005
1,433
1,195
93
I've been miss the uniform / logo thread. I couldn't wait to read this

**I wish they made a belt that had every logo we have ever had on it. That would be legit.....AND, AND.....the belt buckle could be like a magnet where the STATE banner clicks into the "M" (I'M sure that a magnetic belt buckle has a weight rating)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

was21

Senior
May 29, 2007
10,007
636
113
So if we lose, does the interlocking logo become our “bad luck” logo like all the other logos/uniforms/colors that our fans make excuses to hate?
Still trying to understand why we are having a game celebrating the snow bowl (relatively down the totem pole bowl) in 85 degree weather against a team that wasn't involved.
 

anon1768925248

Heisman
Oct 27, 2022
6,836
15,353
113
Still trying to understand why we are having a game celebrating the snow bowl (relatively down the totem pole bowl) in 85 degree weather against a team that wasn't involved.
Generally speaking you celebrate past teams every 5 to 10 years after an accomplishment. Then you have to line up the home dates when the main people (mainly Jackie at this point) can be there. I 'm sure he will be the focal point and I'm sure they want to get him back to celebrate him as much as they can since he's getting so old. We obviously don't play A&M this year at home so that is not an option.
 

anon1768925248

Heisman
Oct 27, 2022
6,836
15,353
113
Even stranger to me is to involve the whole stadium. Why did we do a white-out against a team whose colors are orange and white? We wanted them to feel welcome and at home?

LOL what? most teams you play have a secondary color of white. Should we just never do a white out? I'm sure the cowbells ringing will make them feel super duper at home. Jesus.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Maroon13

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
4,221
4,403
113
So if we lose, does the interlocking logo become our “bad luck” logo like all the other logos/uniforms/colors that our fans make excuses to hate?
I dislike the interlocking because it is ugly. But fact is, the interlocking logo will be ....

8-29 in the last 37 games worn, if we lose to Tennessee
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list