Indianapolis Recs

nathajw

Heisman
Mar 20, 2007
106,638
15,378
113
I'm staying there the 17 through 20th of this month for a conference. I've never been anywhere in Indiana except for Bloomington.

My hotel is a stones throw from the Soldiers and Sailors Monument in Monument Circle.

Any recs? Must dos or eats? I have all afternoon and evening on Saturday to myself but pretty much just the evenings Sunday through Tuesday. I'll have a car.
 

dtspoke

Heisman
Aug 18, 2003
22,515
30,307
113
In that area Maxine's Chicken and Waffles is good, and St Elmo's is decent. Neither will change your life from a culinary experience.

I spend some time in Carmel with a fellow board member and it has some neat places, but it's a bit of a drive from downtown.
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,046
19,196
113
Just saw this...If you like cajun, Mudbugs is the ONLY place to go for cajun. Best place outside of New Orleans I have ever had. Several friends recommended St. Elmos to me when we moved to Lafayette last year.
 
Jun 11, 2001
25,747
30,206
68
I was at land sharks in college with Bo van pelt and we ran into Brett Favre and Antonio Davis. Brett was drunker than I was - quite an accomplishment that night. At that time land sharks was a hole in the wall. There were about 10 people in the bar.

Down the street is Old Pro's Sportsbar. Had some great times there.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight