I'm in quarantine now

Status
Not open for further replies.

preacher_dawg

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2014
2,765
2,211
113
I found out this morning I was exposed to Covid last Wednesday while getting a haircut. I appreciate your prayers.
 

chained1

Redshirt
Apr 4, 2014
108
11
18
Hate that man. It sucks..I had sinus surgery just over a month ago, my wife tested positive 2 days after my surgery. She started feeling better 3 weeks later so we took my son to get tested so he could go back to baseball practice and he tested positive....it's been rough in my house!
 

Dawg1976

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
8,391
2,921
113
Just curious. Was it the barber that had it and did he/she have a mask on?
 

HamSammich

Freshman
Nov 9, 2016
910
63
28
I had COVID back in August and other than three really rough days it wasn’t that bad.

Prayers for you but I think you’ll be fine.
 

o_Hot Rock

Senior
Jan 2, 2010
2,064
959
113
I had COVID back in August and other than three really rough days it wasn’t that bad.

Prayers for you but I think you’ll be fine.

Do you know Preacher personally? Do you know his age and health condition? If not, you don't know he will be fine.

99.7 % are ok? Yes, but... That all depends on your age and your health. If you are young and healthy... then it's even better than that. Waaaaay better actually, almost all will be fine.

But if you are over 60... things start getting a bit dicey and don't even have something complicating it. I have lost 2 cousins (one 65 and one 80). They both were active and both still worked and productive members of society. My father-in-law is fighting to live right now in the hospital, he wasn't in good health. My 91 year old mother was just exposed by a sitter that was exposed by her grandchild that lives in the home with her.

Your callousness toward those less healthy is beyond reprehensible. You can kiss my ***.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Do you know Preacher personally? Do you know his age and health condition? If not, you don't know he will be fine.

99.7 % are ok? Yes, but... That all depends on your age and your health. If you are young and healthy... then it's even better than that. Waaaaay better actually, almost all will be fine.

But if you are over 60... things start getting a bit dicey and don't even have something complicating it. I have lost 2 cousins (one 65 and one 80). They both were active and both still worked and productive members of society. My father-in-law is fighting to live right now in the hospital, he wasn't in good health. My 91 year old mother was just exposed by a sitter that was exposed by her grandchild that lives in the home with her.

Your callousness toward those less healthy is beyond reprehensible. You can kiss my ***.
Simmer down, boomer. He was just trying to make him feel better.
 

thatsbaseball

All-American
May 29, 2007
18,387
7,434
113
First of all prayers and good luck to you. Second, not that it changes anything, did everyone involved have on masks ?
 

o_Hot Rock

Senior
Jan 2, 2010
2,064
959
113
17 you and this boomer crap.

I am a little edgy though. Waiting to see if my mother dies in the next few weeks will do that to you.
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,333
12,320
113
Phone each of your members and wish them Happy Thanksgiving. They will appreciate a touch from their pastor.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
17 you and this boomer crap.

I am a little edgy though. Waiting to see if my mother dies in the next few weeks will do that to you.
We all got mothers, pal. But at the end of the day, the guy was not being callous. Chill out. You were just waiting on someone to throw your anger towards and he just happened to be that guy.
 

J-Dawg

Junior
Mar 4, 2009
2,233
327
83
17 you and this boomer crap.

I am a little edgy though. Waiting to see if my mother dies in the next few weeks will do that to you.


My mother has never smoked a day in her life but was diagnosed in the height of covid and is battling stage iv lung cancer. Every single day is a worry. The only contact she has had with anyone other than my father since March has been with our immediate family (myself, wife, my sister and her husband) and her care team. She spent almost 3 weeks by herself scared as a scalded dog in the ICU with a raging pandemic going on all around her.

I say all that to say.... my situation nor yours warrants a lashing out to anyone trying to provide a few good vibes to someone. I think you're being more callous than HamSammich. Chill out, we're all battling tough times around here.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,076
2,838
113
I found out this morning I was exposed to Covid last Wednesday while getting a haircut. I appreciate your prayers.

I got a haircut Saturday. I just hope she doesn't call anytime soon. Hope you do well, and you should since you're youngish.
 

blackjackdog3

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
280
32
28
I drank a little too much bourbon last weekend. Woke up the next day with a terrible headache. Got a Covid test a couple of days later. Waiting on my test results now. Been quarantining this week.
 

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,819
4,974
113
Theology exercise:
Should Calvinists worry about whether they may or may not get this or that-
 

o_Hot Rock

Senior
Jan 2, 2010
2,064
959
113
I ain't your pal. You may be right about my anger, but I am not wrong about someone minimalizing this disease when it's real for so many. I am aware angry men make terrible judgments and I have made plenty of those.

I am an old 5' 9 1/2" 195lb fat tub of lard that can't breathe past a walk. I am no tough guy, just tired of ******** minimalizing something that is killing thousands. I hope preacher gets through this and he probably will but some don't . Quit minimalizing it and I won't bust a blood vessel and die at my key board.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,911
17,234
113
I am an old 5' 9 1/2" 195lb fat tub of lard that can't breathe past a walk. I am no tough guy, just tired of ******** minimalizing something that is killing thousands.

If only there was some way to prevent obesity...oh, did you mean covid?
 

MeridianDog

Freshman
Sep 3, 2008
3,226
80
48
Father, we know you are the great healer and that all good things come to us through your grace and mercy. We hold Preacher up to you. You know him and his condition and we pray you will give him strength and closeness to you as he faces the danger and concern we all feel when we are exposed to this virus. The assurance we have is that you hear our prayers and that they are important to you and to our relationship with you. We praise you in all things and give you our praise in this matter, as we do in all things each day. We pray for Preacher in the name of our blessed Lord and Savior Christ Jesus.

Amen


Father, as I have gone back to read the other comments here, I realize that my prayers this afternoon should not be just for Preacher, but for the others who have sickness in their houses and their loved ones. As always I need to extend my prayers out from Preacher to include all of us. Thank you for hearing our prayers.

Again, Amen
 
Last edited:

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,193
5,731
113
I ain't your pal. You may be right about my anger, but I am not wrong about someone minimalizing this disease when it's real for so many. I am aware angry men make terrible judgments and I have made plenty of those.

I am an old 5' 9 1/2" 195lb fat tub of lard that can't breathe past a walk. I am no tough guy, just tired of ******** minimalizing something that is killing thousands. I hope preacher gets through this and he probably will but some don't . Quit minimalizing it and I won't bust a blood vessel and die at my key board.

What's the word for somebody talking about being fat criticizing people for minimizing the likelihood of death from COVID?

If we have a really bad 2020 with Covid, then the total number of COVID deaths in 2019 and 2020 might get up to 75% of the number of annual deaths from heart disease.
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,333
12,320
113
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Haircut yea right next time don't give your sermons at the pool party for a bit**

 
Nov 12, 2007
26,045
10,209
113
I realize you're under a lot of strain and worry about your mother but you're going ape **** with somebody you don't even know on the Internet. I really didn't see where he was minimizing the people who die from Covid sorry.

I hope your mother heals and I hope our preacher friend heals.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all
 

fishwater99

Freshman
Jun 4, 2007
14,073
54
48
Did you wear a mask, did they. If so then your risk should be minimized. Good Luck and God Bless.
 

HamSammich

Freshman
Nov 9, 2016
910
63
28
Correct I had no ill intentions.

I have some predicting conditions so I was very worried when I contracted it.

the man said he was merely exposed.

However, if what I said made you so terribly mad, you really might want to stop reading message boards.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation