If you pray...

SU68

Redshirt
May 24, 2003
1,072
34
0
"May the angels lead Scarlett into paradise; may the martyrs receive her at her arrival and lead her to the holy city Jerusalem. May choirs of angels receive her and with Lazarus, once (a) poor (man), may she have eternal rest."
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

RutgersROB

Senior
Oct 7, 2011
3,757
898
0
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wiles and wickedness of the devil. Restrain him, O God, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin and destruction of souls. O Glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Heavenly Court, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

FELONIOUSMONK

All-American
Apr 1, 2012
11,909
5,090
0
I have two in my life in hospice. One is my ex's 59 year old sister. Too young. Ovarian cancer. She fought like Ashnault.The other is 85 and the greatest man I ever knew. A Highland Park / New Brunswick guy. He has handled it like a calm warrior. It is easy for us to pray.. It is never easy to die but there are those who complete their circle of life in an honorable fashion. Hang in there. We are all with you .
 

theRU

All-American
Dec 17, 2008
11,135
5,798
0
A few of you have asked, so i figured I should post an update here. Scarlett passed away early last week at the age of 8 following a nearly 4 year battle with cancer. I'm sure she is in a better place now and no longer suffering. Thank you to all who have offered up support and prayers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

NewJerseyGuy

Heisman
Jun 26, 2005
23,161
28,000
88
A few of you have asked, so i figured I should post an update here. Scarlett passed away early last week at the age of 8 following a nearly 4 year battle with cancer. I'm sure she is in a better place now and no longer suffering. Thank you to all who have offered up support and prayers.


I am sorry for your loss.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

RuBird

Heisman
Jun 28, 2001
19,144
24,826
113
A few of you have asked, so i figured I should post an update here. Scarlett passed away early last week at the age of 8 following a nearly 4 year battle with cancer. I'm sure she is in a better place now and no longer suffering. Thank you to all who have offered up support and prayers.
So sorry for your loss but fully agree in a better place now with no suffering. Prayers to all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

SHUSource

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
42,139
4,515
48
A few of you have asked, so i figured I should post an update here. Scarlett passed away early last week at the age of 8 following a nearly 4 year battle with cancer. I'm sure she is in a better place now and no longer suffering. Thank you to all who have offered up support and prayers.
Oh, man, I'm so sorry to see this. Nothing I can say will make it any better, but just know that this community -- the human community, the one that transcends silly school rivalries -- hurts for you and your family.
 

Jm0513

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
5,952
7,396
46
I cannot put together words to express how it must feel to lose a child. I did however see this quote and perhaps it will give some sort of solace reading it. I'm sorry for what your family is having to endure right now. May peace come in the days ahead.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

RW90

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
8,394
7,666
113
Deepest sympathies. I don't imagine very much can ever bring comfort to burying a child, but will remember Scarlett, you and your family in my prayers.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

Knight Shift

Heisman
May 19, 2011
91,237
89,431
113
A few of you have asked, so i figured I should post an update here. Scarlett passed away early last week at the age of 8 following a nearly 4 year battle with cancer. I'm sure she is in a better place now and no longer suffering. Thank you to all who have offered up support and prayers.
Sorry for your loss. Hope that your family has found comfort that she is no longer suffering.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

Knights 1212

All-American
Sep 9, 2003
27,562
8,520
113
My prayers go out to Scarlett, you & your entire family. it is so tough to see a child fighting cancer. My wife passed 5 years ago from cancer, my identical twin brother passed from cancer and I have been fighting lymphoma for 4 years and 2 months. Cancer is brutal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,052
16,852
113
A few of you have asked, so i figured I should post an update here. Scarlett passed away early last week at the age of 8 following a nearly 4 year battle with cancer. I'm sure she is in a better place now and no longer suffering. Thank you to all who have offered up support and prayers.
my condolences , wish a miracle could have happened but I hope all that knew and cared for Scarlett find peace knowing she's in the arms of our Lord in Heaven.
May God grant all that cared for Scarlett relief from their mourning with the knowledge that her suffering is over and she's with God now and the glow of his everlasting love is surrounding her.
 

hankee18

All-American
Jan 18, 2006
4,350
7,885
113
Sorry for your loss. I have children about her age and I cant begin to imagine what your family has gone through the past few years. I wish you nothing but strength as you begin the healing process
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Mar 7, 2015
7,732
12,177
0
So very sorry for the loss of your loved one, Scarlett. This hurts—especially when a child loses their life. May God wrap his arms around you and your family and provide you with support during this tough time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

koleszar

Heisman
Jan 1, 2010
37,995
60,069
113
My condolences.

"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."
Hellen Keller
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report RU Football survey results: Fans share thoughts on Greg Schiano, Defense, & Direction of Program
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Brandin Knight takes over Rutgers basketball while Steve Pikiell battles cancer
  4. 04 High School Football Prediction: Can Bergen Catholic (N.J.) run the table in the 2nd half of the season?
  5. 05 The Knight Report WAR ROOM: Latest Recruit Scoop and Team News on Rutgers Athletics