If the OOC basketball schedule started today

bulldogbaja

Redshirt
Dec 18, 2007
2,683
0
0
would the SEC still be viewed as "weak"? I believe that many teams, like us, are very young. I also think that right now State, LSU, perhaps a couple East teams, and hell Auburn too, are better than given credit for. I'm not buying the 2 teams to the elite 8 thing, but I think any of those teams are capable of winning at least a first round game as long as they're not a bottom 3 seed. I can see LSU and one other random-*** team being in the sweet 16, which would be a lot better than the "experts" expect.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,476
22,062
113
is that we are playing each other. There is no way of truly knowing until tourney time. I still think the league is weak as in maybe the 5th or 6th best conference.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,409
31,606
113
Remember, one reason some of these teams are looking better now is because they're playing other SEC teams. It's probably not a coincidence that the only game LSU's lost in the last 6 weeks is the only non-conference game it's played. And it was at home too.
 

RebelBruiser

Redshirt
Aug 21, 2007
7,349
0
0
The one thing that can be said for the SEC is that it's one of the youngest leagues in the country. There are 344 teams in D-1, and there are 4 SEC teams that rank outside the Top 300 in terms of years of experience per player. Given the youth of the league, it makes sense that the league would get stronger as the year goes on.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,409
31,606
113
I do think the SEC as a whole is better now than it was 2 months ago. But I don't think it's all that much better. I think the league will be pretty decent next year.
 

bulldogbaja

Redshirt
Dec 18, 2007
2,683
0
0
I just think due to the overall youth the league has improved faster than probably most others. As far as ranking the conferences, it's really hard to say because it's not strong top to bottom. I think that today, LSU, State, TN, FL, and Auburn could play at least a close game with most teams in the country. </p>
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four