If Cal leaves, is this possible?

Mar 28, 2009
652
748
0
As I understand it, if Cal is fired he gets $33 million. And I'd imagine that any salary he would receive from any other basketball program would be deducted from the payout. So is the follwing possible:

Cal is offered $6 million a year from a school. Before signing the contract Cal says "I'd be glad to work here for minimum wage as long as you will put that $6 million in our NIL fund."? Could that happen?

I'm not looking to make any points or provoke anyone, just looking for information.
 

canebreak

All-Conference
Jan 26, 2004
4,464
1,804
0
No. Market value clause in the contract. The lawyers who wrote contract weren’t that dumb
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Women's Basketball Kentucky WBB has a versatile trio of 6-foot-5 Wildcats: 'We call them our 6-5s'
  2. 02 KSR Football Kentucky is very familiar with LSU QB Sam Leavitt
  3. 03 KSR 11 Personnel, No Huddle! LSU Preview with Shea Dixon
  4. 04 KSR Basketball KSR Live Blog: 2026 Kentucky Basketball Pro Day
  5. 05 KSR Football 'It’s Thin': Will Stein hints at bad news on Kentucky's injury front