ICE Week 7

Wilmatucky1

Freshman
Jul 8, 2025
105
80
27
ICE Power Rankings

1) Wilmington - Just prepping for week 9 at this point
2) Coal City - Beat Manteno down pretty good
3) Manteno - As I stated earlier, no reason they can't go 7-2 this year, got their two bumps out of the way with back to back Wilmo/CC losses, Peotone game is probably still a toss up
4) Peotone- Same exact thought as Manteno, they will lose to CC then Manteno should be a toss-up
5) Lisle- Something tells me to put them above RC. I could be totally off but I followed my gut in putting Herscher above Streator and I was right so I'll ride the gut feeling here as well. Not sure why, just feel it. I just think their wins hold more weight
6) Reed-Custer- They have only beat two really really bad teams.
7) Herscher - Went with the gut and I was right. Will they sneak one out this week. Doubtful but still possible
8) Streator - Nothing to say here

Herscher (1-5) @ Reed-Custer (2-4) - GOTW! Ugly, but still GOTW! Herscher has to be feeling good after the win last week since some may have thought they'd be winless this year. This game is needed by RC to keep their playoff hopes alive. I don't see them dropping this game, but it will be close and it will be sloppy. RC 35 Herscher 24

Peotone (5-1) @ Coal City (5-1) - CC has no trouble for their homecoming. Probably has the most potential to be the best game of the week, but after seeing CC put it on Manteno I expect similar results. CC 49 Tone 14

Lisle (3-3) @ Manteno (4-2) - Manteno hasn't really thumped anyone this year. Even Plano and Braidwood were close games (score wise, I wasn't there to see if it was more one sided than it appeared by the score). I don't think Manteno thumps them, but they win with ease. Manteno 28 Lisle 14

Wilmington (6-0) - @ Streator (1-5) - Wilmo by as many as they want, but Reents keeps it classy as usual. Wilmo 49 Streator 7
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlabamaTimberwolf

BobbyBoucher9

Sophomore
Jun 2, 2021
146
123
43
Herscher at Reed Custer - Herscher got it's 1 Win for the season last week. 28-14 Reed Custer

Peotone at Coal City - Coal City should win this one easily. Peotone needs to come out of this healthy for the Rumble on Route 50.

Lisle at Manteno - Manteno should control from start to finish 35-12

Wilmington @ Streator - Cats with a running clock.
 
Jul 9, 2025
325
390
63
Herscher (1-5) @ Reed-Custer (2-4) - GOTW yes an extreeeemely ugly GOTW! Was happy to see the Tigers put one in the W column, but Wilmatucky's Comets see this as a great opportunity to punch their playoff ticket ;) RC 27 Herscher 20

Peotone (5-1) @ Coal City (5-1) - Peotone has been solid outside the Wilmo game, but the Coalers looked very good against Manteno. Not a good time for the Blue Devils to roll into CC. CC 42 Peotone 7

Lisle (3-3) @ Manteno (4-2) - I thought the Panthers would have put up a better fight against CC, so the outcome really makes me question their intestinal fortitude. They catch a break this week though with Lisle coming to town. Manteno 35 Lisle 13

Wilmington (6-0) @ Streator (1-5) - CLOCK
 

Wilmatucky1

Freshman
Jul 8, 2025
105
80
27
Herscher (1-5) @ Reed-Custer (2-4) - GOTW yes an extreeeemely ugly GOTW! Was happy to see the Tigers put one in the W column, but Wilmatucky's Comets see this as a great opportunity to punch their playoff ticket ;) RC 27 Herscher 20

Peotone (5-1) @ Coal City (5-1) - Peotone has been solid outside the Wilmo game, but the Coalers looked very good against Manteno. Not a good time for the Blue Devils to roll into CC. CC 42 Peotone 7

Lisle (3-3) @ Manteno (4-2) - I thought the Panthers would have put up a better fight against CC, so the outcome really makes me question their intestinal fortitude. They catch a break this week though with Lisle coming to town. Manteno 35 Lisle 13

Wilmington (6-0) @ Streator (1-5) - CLOCK
1) Are we positive that 3 wins will get RC in the playoffs? If not then week 9 is a HUGE matchup for them that will be overshadowed by the ICE championship in CC. I really hope that 3 wins is not a guarantee in for anybody, but especially not for RC lol......I joke, I joke .....Kinda.....

2) I wonder if the results of CC and Wilmo vs Manteno have any insight on who will win that game week 9? I don't think it will, but in a conference where its blow out after blow out for those two teams it did make me wonder a little bit. I think CC may have just got to over prepare after seeing the Wilmo/Manteno tape
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Carmine Evergreen

Siu477

Redshirt
Sep 24, 2019
71
28
16
1) Are we positive that 3 wins will get RC in the playoffs? If not then week 9 is a HUGE matchup for them that will be overshadowed by the ICE championship in CC. I really hope that 3 wins is not a guarantee in for anybody, but especially not for RC lol......I joke, I joke .....Kinda.....

2) I wonder if the results of CC and Wilmo vs Manteno have any insight on who will win that game week 9? I don't think it will, but in a conference where its blow out after blow out for those two teams it did make me wonder a little bit. I think CC may have just got to over prepare after seeing the Wilmo/Manteno tape
3 and you’re in. Even some 2 win teams make the playoffs!!! Dumb but that’s the new system.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Carmine Evergreen
Jul 9, 2025
325
390
63
The new playoff system is an absolute joke. 2-7 is the new 4-5, so we might see some of those bottom feeders qualify.

I think the CC v Peotone game will provide some valuable insight into the week 9 showdown in CC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Siu477

Siu477

Redshirt
Sep 24, 2019
71
28
16
The new playoff system is an absolute joke. 2-7 is the new 4-5, so we might see some of those bottom feeders qualify.

I think the CC v Peotone game will provide some valuable insight into the week 9 showdown in CC.
Curious which Peotone team shows up. The one that is steamrolling people or the one that laid down vs Wilmington. Haven’t seen CC play but their scores are similar to common opponents as Peotone. Has anyone seen both play?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Carmine Evergreen
Jul 9, 2025
325
390
63
Curious which Peotone team shows up. The one that is steamrolling people or the one that laid down vs Wilmington. Haven’t seen CC play but their scores are similar to common opponents as Peotone. Has anyone seen both play?
So true. Peotone is a mystery right now. Saw CC once this season v Morris. They played a solid first half, but then the Warriors took over.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Siu477

SouthofI80Fan

Junior
Aug 3, 2021
401
348
63
Herscher vs. Reed-Custer - not a whole lot going right for either team and this game has potential be a high scoring shootout or a 13-12 slobberknocker. Comets 37 Tigers 36

Peotone vs. Coal City - if history is any indication, this game won't be close. CC has had Peotone's number the past few years and the Devils don't do well against superior opponents. Maybe they keep it close but the Coalers will prevail. CC 34 Peotone 12

Lisle vs. Manteno - both team coming off getting destroyed by Wilmington and CC. I give Lisle a punchers chance if they get some guys from injury back. Manteno has shown they can be explosive but can they stop the Lions from scoring? Manteno 34 Lisle 22

Wilmington vs. Streator - Wilmington doing Wilmington things and Streator being typical Streator. Wilmington 56 Streator 12.
 

Wilmatucky1

Freshman
Jul 8, 2025
105
80
27
Congrats to the vomits, they put a big win up against Herscher and secured a playoff spot ( at least to my understanding). Not a close game in the ICE.. To be expected
 
Last edited:

SouthofI80Fan

Junior
Aug 3, 2021
401
348
63
I think it's obvious it's Coal City and Wilmington are the cream of the crop. CC has a tough row to hoe in 4A but the Quarters and possibly Semis with the right draw. Wilmington looks prepped for a run in 2A.

Peotone and Manteno this week and winner has great potential for a bye which means a home game. Peotone is borderline like 2A/3A and Manteno may get the benefit of CPS matchups.

RC and Lisle could both get playoff wins with tht right draw but both Herscher and Streator still have a shot to get into.
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Class 8A Top 10 poll
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Class 7A Top 10 poll
  3. 03 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Class 6A Top 10 poll
  4. 04 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Class 5A Top 10 poll
  5. 05 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Class 4A Top 10 poll