I know we have some posters here for the Illinois Central Eight teams so here are my previews on the teams I heard back from.
I foresee a nice playoff run should they be 2A again. 3A may be a little tougher to go deep based on seedingI wouldn't be surprised to see a Wilmington and EPG matchup late in the playoffs. Of course Wilmington will need to be 2A for that to happen. TV will probably be in the mix as well.
I had the same thought about Lisle. Really sucks because teams could end up missing out on a game.Great job with your conference preview, Patrick DevittSalute!
The ICE in 2026 is ... same ol ICE. Looking forward to Seneca n Sandwich coming in and mixing things up next season!
Top Tier: Wilmington, Coal City
Middle Tier Slugfest: Manteno, Peotone, Herscher, Braidwood
Bottom Tier: Lisle, Streator
It will be interesting to see if Lisle actually plays all seven conference games. They have to survive a meat grinder before they even get to Streator and Braidwood.
Agreed. The coaches can handle a bye week, but the kids want to play!I had the same thought about Lisle. Really sucks because teams could end up missing out on a game.
All.... Massey has the Wildcats in their first eight games pounding everyone and the following week at Coal City a projected close win. (32-26 59%) This game looks to be for who wins the conference. A great way to close out the regular season for fans. RatsyWilmington Wildcats
Wilmington, IL
Enrollment:
383
Conference:
Illinois Central Eight
Head Coach:
Jeff Reents
2025 Results:
13-1 Overall, Won 2A State Championship over Maroa-Forsyth 42-6
Returning Starters:
6 on Offense, 7 on Defense
Players to Watch:
Declan Moran TE/OLB
Cooper Holman TE/DL
Hunter Kaitschuck RB/LB
Will Wilson OL/DL
Underclassmen to Watch:
Nolan Lindsey DB
2026 Outlook:
Head Coach Jeff Reents and his Wilmington Wildcats wrapped up his 32nd year as head coach with their third state title in the last five seasons after defeating Maroa-Forsyth in the 2A title game. This years Wildcats squad will have to replace some pieces but do bring back 6 starters on offense and 7 on defense. With how this program operates they’ll have a great QB that can operate the offense and a stable of running backs ready to go, so I don’t see Wilmington skipping a beat in 2026. After the covid spring season of 2020 the Wildcats have a record 49-5, won three state titles, and haven’t missed the playoffs since (not counting 2020) since 1995. You’d be foolish to bet against this program come playoff time, so I fully expect them to be in the mix for the Illinois Central Eight Conference title and another state championship.
I see CC going 7-2 and making some noise in the playoffs. Wilmington will be 9-0 and if they're 2A ... watch outCoalers year? Wildcats lost a really good class of kids! Kettman was an absolute monster. Hard to replace. Can they reload? Manteno and Reed-Custer battle it out for 3rd place. Peotone and Hersher for 5th. Streator and Lisle for a expanded playoff spot
I assume YTF is the youth football team?Are Wilmington’s and Coal City’s YTF superior to all other programs in the ICE?
Also, I really miss the Interstate 8 from the 2000’s![]()
Wilmo CC will be a great ICE title game. This could be the year for the Coalers, but I still like to think Wilmo pulls it out.Coalers year? Wildcats lost a really good class of kids! Kettman was an absolute monster. Hard to replace. Can they reload? Manteno and Reed-Custer battle it out for 3rd place. Peotone and Hersher for 5th. Streator and Lisle for a expanded playoff spot
I’m no Wilmo loyalist, and correct me if I’m wrong, but what really impresses me about Wilmo is the success of the program w/o kids who go on to play scholarship football.I assume YTF is the youth football team?
If so, not especially. Some age groups do really well and some are just meh. I think Reents just always does a great job with getting the most out of the athletes he has.
Still deciding between those and 2-7Does Braidwood already have their 3-6 playoff hoodies ordered?
Everybody remembers the backs, but if you include lineman, the Cats have a load of players that went on to play smaller college football since the 1990's. Huge shout-out for the coaching staff Reents put together and kept together for 30+ years!
I love it when Wilmo goes to CC for a week 9 showdown with the Coalers. Great playoff tune up for both teams!
Weaver went to NIU for a year I think. Not sure if he was a walk on though. I thought I saw something a month or so ago about Moran signing with ISU.I think unless Im forgetting someone that Damien Anderson 1997 - Northwestern and Brady Wilkins 1998 - Missouri were the last 2 Division I football players for the Cats. Tony Vercelli and Tanner Roark but ended up at Big Ten Schools for baseball. Great Coaching staff and stability.
Edgy Tim Football
IOL Kelliher stock continues to climb
Edgy Tim Football
FREE: Week 8 EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30
Edgy Tim Football
Watch: Between The Lines Podcast
Badger Blitz Football Recruiting
Three-Star Edge Rusher Darrin Graham, Wisconsin Part Ways
Blue and Gold Football Recruiting
Lucky Charms: One Chicago target sets Notre Dame visit, another postpones it