I would hope that....

Stansfield

Redshirt
Apr 3, 2007
1,158
0
0
His total record is about as bad as Croom's!!! 14-21

Please for the love of all that is good and kind in the world please do not hire Gill Turner, please.

I can't imagine Byrne making such a terrible hire. I just can't see it. Please no.

How would he be better then Dooley. I'll take Dooley all day long over Gill.
 

Todd4State

Redshirt
Mar 3, 2008
17,411
1
0
Like I said, there are a lot of coaches that I feel would be acceptable at MSU.

But there are a couple that I wouldn't- and Derek Dooley is #1 on that list. I've seen the guy coach. He's not bad, but he's not ready. It would be a bad move for him, because he would get destroyed in the SEC. He beat us, but it wasn't because he was a superior coach (compared to the other candidates, not Croom).

Dooley would be the classic GP hire. He has the name that's recognizable and he has enough question marks about him that warrant the age old excuse "give him time, he can turn it around".

I don't know who Byrne will hire, but it probably will be someone pretty good.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar