I say it ends tonight

lou v

All-Conference
Staff member
Aug 27, 2004
18,045
3,227
98
I think NU will get the win tonight to snap its eight-game losing streak. Minnesota has lost six of seven and is 1-8 on the road. Like NU, they are reliant on two scorers (Murphy and Coffey).

I say the Cats get off the schneid in another ugly, grinding, defensive struggle.

Thoughts?
 

DaCat

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
25,874
2,367
113
I agree with Louie. I've been looking at this game for a while now as a possible win.
 

NJCat

All-Conference
Mar 7, 2016
21,852
1,970
113
I agree. Neither team has a true PG, so it's dead even. Cats win.
 

Jonny2TheP

Senior
Dec 11, 2007
8,664
524
87
I've been thinking the same thing, but also am aware that Minnesota is a bubble team that can't afford to lose this one. They're desperate, and if they lose this, it may be bye bye on their NCAA chances.

They've been wildly inconsistent this year. They beat Wisconsin and lost at Michigan on a buzzer beater, but also got destroyed by Illinois and lost at Rutgers. They have enough talent to beat almost anyone, but also throw in terrible games from time to time. If we get a bad night from them, it's a game we could win by double digits. Not expecting that, but that's how inconsistent Minnesota has been this year.
 

IdahoAlum

Freshman
May 29, 2001
3,832
85
0
I've been thinking the same thing, but also am aware that Minnesota is a bubble team that can't afford to lose this one. They're desperate, and if they lose this, it may be bye bye on their NCAA chances.

They've been wildly inconsistent this year. They beat Wisconsin and lost at Michigan on a buzzer beater, but also got destroyed by Illinois and lost at Rutgers. They have enough talent to beat almost anyone, but also throw in terrible games from time to time. If we get a bad night from them, it's a game we could win by double digits. Not expecting that, but that's how inconsistent Minnesota has been this year.
I think Minnesota's "bubble" burst somewhere in the middle of that 6 losses out of 7 streak. KenPom gives them a 46 percent chance against the Cats, then has them as huge underdogs against Purdue and Maryland. Gophers look NIT bound at best.
 

JournCat

Junior
Aug 4, 2009
4,519
253
83
I think NU will get the win tonight to snap its eight-game losing streak. Minnesota has lost six of seven and is 1-8 on the road. Like NU, they are reliant on two scorers (Murphy and Coffey).

I say the Cats get off the schneid in another ugly, grinding, defensive struggle.

Thoughts?

So does Vegas. We’re favored by 1!
 

EagerFan

Junior
Dec 24, 2010
3,314
280
83
I’ll bet at the game rooting for NU hard.

I’m concerned about our ability to score as always. If we have to rely on Law and Pardon scoring 40+ to win, I think we’re introuble regardless our opponents.
 

Vassar69

Sophomore
Feb 16, 2019
959
142
0
I think NU will get the win tonight to snap its eight-game losing streak. Minnesota has lost six of seven and is 1-8 on the road. Like NU, they are reliant on two scorers (Murphy and Coffey).

I say the Cats get off the schneid in another ugly, grinding, defensive struggle.

Thoughts?

NU gets it done tonight. Minnesota is poorly coached and undisciplined and they’re atrocious on the road. It’s a good matchup for NU’s personnel. Cats end the streak tonight.
 

eastbaycat99

Junior
Mar 7, 2009
2,548
231
48
Lou,
Thanks again for your:

1) Good sportswriting
2) Optimism

My wife is a Medill grad who had Bill Jauss as her basic journalism prof. You follow a long line of NU grads who keep us informed.
 

mikewebb68

Senior
Oct 24, 2009
9,814
504
113
I think it will be a good game, but Minny knows that they absolutely have to win this one to go to the Dance. Minny in a close one, story of our season.
 

DaCat

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
25,874
2,367
113
I think it will be a good game, but Minny knows that they absolutely have to win this one to go to the Dance. Minny in a close one, story of our season.

Wow Mike, keep it up and IGNORE will have no one left to call PKK.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun hypes up 'best stadium in football' ahead of new Ryan Field opener
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Recruit Roundup: Buirley leads Big Walnut to win in OT thriller, Cason snags pick six
  3. 03 Wildcat Report The 3-2-1 after Northwestern's loss to Indiana
  4. 04 On3 Football Top 10 games for Week 5 of the college football season
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Indiana PFF Snap Counts Analysis