I need a new drink!

Wally12

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
50,758
62,641
113
Trying to find a go-to drink. Not much of a beer drinker, unless it has fresh lemon and lime juice and a bunch of beer salt in it. Always favored flavored vodka (raspberry) in college. I tend to go more for sour drinks than something sweet, although I do like butterscotch and Irish creme. After the anxiety of giving a maid of honor speech at my sister's wedding forced me into 7 shots of Jose, I'm pretty much out on tequila. The cherry limeade lunchbox at Edna's is a favorite.

What suggestions do you guys have for me?
 

hollywood

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
50,697
3,345
113
Sounds like you're a classic "sour" girl.

Try a Whisky or Pisco Sour

Simple recipe:

1-1/2 oz Whiskey or Pisco (a brandy from Peru/Chile it is not aged and is virtually clear)
1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 to 1 oz simple syrup (combine an equal amount of water and sugar and boil it until it is 1/2 of its original volume, let cool)
1 egg white (optional) but adds some volume and texture to the drink.
Put all ingredients in cocktail shaker full of ice and really shake hard for 20-30 seconds, especially if you have added the egg white.

Either strain the mixture into a low ball (cocktail) glass or pour it with the ice into a high ball glass. Garnish with lime wedge and cherry. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking by decreasing/increasing the amount of simple syrup.
 

Wally12

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
50,758
62,641
113
I am the only one of my group of friends who prefers liquor to beer. I tried some American Honey awhile back and thought it was horrible.
 

osu2082

Heisman
Jan 29, 2006
33,508
61,734
78
From what you have described some type of whiskey sour might be good but a few other ideas...

Sweet tea vodka and lemonade
Tom Collins or Vodka Collins
Moscow Mule
Old Fashioned
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,046
19,196
113
Gin and lemonade and freshly muddled mint. A great warm weather drink, but love it all the time.
 

shortbus

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
37,835
1,289
0
Woodford reserve on the rocks. Let it melt just a little.

Ex gf wouldn't touch liquor let alone straight bourbon. Made her have two via wager and now it's all the crazy B drinks.

Taught her how to play poker, drink bourbon, got her eating her red meat to medium and right as I about had the perfect woman trained up some other ahole reaps the reward of my hard work.

That's some BS!
 

hollywood

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
50,697
3,345
113
Woodford reserve on the rocks. Let it melt just a little.

Ex gf wouldn't touch liquor let alone straight bourbon. Made her have two via wager and now it's all the crazy B drinks.

Taught her how to play poker, drink bourbon, got her eating her red meat to medium and right as I about had the perfect woman trained up some other ahole reaps the reward of my hard work.

That's some BS!

I told you not to send her to the chiropractor!
 

pokes r us

Senior
Feb 21, 2002
3,240
847
113
Trying to find a go-to drink. Not much of a beer drinker, unless it has fresh lemon and lime juice and a bunch of beer salt in it. Always favored flavored vodka (raspberry) in college. I tend to go more for sour drinks than something sweet, although I do like butterscotch and Irish creme. After the anxiety of giving a maid of honor speech at my sister's wedding forced me into 7 shots of Jose, I'm pretty much out on tequila. The cherry limeade lunchbox at Edna's is a favorite.

What suggestions do you guys have for me?
Dirty martini. Absolute vodka, splash of extra dry vermouth, and Dirty Sue olive juice. Garnish with blue cheese stuffed olives.
 

Deepfork

Heisman
May 29, 2001
14,636
14,769
113
My go to is Bourbon or Scotch (single malt Islay) and water. That being said, I love a Sazerac. Rye, absinthe, simple syrup, Peychaud bitters, angostura bitters, lemon twist. Heaven!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan

Poke_Dawg

Heisman
Jan 3, 2005
15,599
17,958
113
Try Deep Eddy's Lemon Vodka with Topo Chico mineral water. Mix about 50/50 over ice - easy to do and very tasteful...Deep Eddy's also has a red grapefruit that folks like, but I've always preferred the Lemon.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight