Now that is crazy. A rash? That sounds way worse than what I have. I hate itching.
Yeah, Covid rash is really a thing.
Now that is crazy. A rash? That sounds way worse than what I have. I hate itching.
Actually that is not accurate at all.Here's the deal: The degree of severity of the covid 19 will depend on the health of the contracted person. It's actually common sense. You will probably make it through if you're relatively healthy. If not you will probably die.
Actually that is not accurate at all.
First off I have an extremely mild case.
Yeah, that’s was a pretty careless statement. Plenty of unhealthy people are surviving.On average, yeah. But a lot of perfectly healthy people are getting very sick and dying, and a lot of older, overweight diabetics are fine. You just never know with this virus. So be careful. We've still got another couple of really tough months ahead of us before this starts to get better.
Yeah, Covid rash is really a thing.
Now that is crazy. A rash? That sounds way worse than what I have. I hate itching.
Unfortunately all of us can’t do much about genetics.[FONT="]autoimmune disease antiphospholipid syndrome--that is more a genetic thing.[/FONT]
So basically everybody in this thread has had it? Seems like herd immunity is happening whether we intended to or not.
First off I have an extremely mild case. I got my results today.
Day 1: Started Sunday when I felt a little off and took my temp that morning and it was a 99.7. Mild headache and my eye balls hurt which usually happens to me if I get sinus issues, but that's rare for me. I also developed a back and neck ache. I was a little congested too but not much. I actually had a 12hr drive coming back from my parent's house and didn't have a way to check my temp, but it was a miserable drive. Mainly the traffic sucked so that makes being sick worse when you just wanna get home and rest. When I got home it was midnight and I didn't own a thermometer and everyone was closed, so not sure what my temp was, but I was very warm. I felt like I was warmer than I was earlier in the day when I was a 99.7, but I'll never know. Took some Theraflu before going to bed.
Day 2 and Day 3: Achey back and neck, headache and eyes hurt. Dry cough but not continuous by any means. I Took these two days off work. I could have powered through, but I have the sick time, so might as well use it. Got a thermometer first thing in the morning and my temp was 98.8 and that's the highest it's been since. No fever.
Day 4: This is Wednesday. The body aches went away, but still had the dry cough that was intermittent. The headache was still there but not as bad. I went back to work. Eyes still hurt. I took an at home Covid test and sent back to lab (Pixel by Lab Corp). No fever.
Day 5: No aches but dry cough becomes more wet. Became more congested. Headache is largely gone, but eyes still hurt. I felt nauseous and dizzy at times later in the day and evening. No fever.
Day 6 (today): Woke up feeling great. I had a busy schedule with work this morning and made it through okay. I'm making a late morning omelet and all of a sudden I ask myself, "Shouldn't I be smelling this food?" My sense of smell is gone, but fortunately haven't lost my taste. I got my test results this afternoon, but after not being able to smell this morning, that all but confirmed it for me.
I'm feeling fine tonight. I'm laying low obviously. Throughout the pandemic I have taken Emergen-C packs every day and taken care of myself to keep my immune system strong. I wear my mask everywhere you're supposed to. I am socially distancing and not going out. I honestly don't know where I caught it. I think I was unlucky and caught it at a grocery store or gas pump, but I wash my hands and do not touch my face until I wash my hands EVERY TIME, so I dunno. This **** spreads freakishly easy. My temp has stayed between 97.5 and 98.7 since the morning of Day 2. I've been taking Theraflu a few times a day.
Happy to answer any more questions.
ETA: I'm working from home, not going into an office and have been since last March.
Let me ask you this. I have no interest in having a debate with you any longer about this current pandemic....everyone has their opinion already. So let's talk the future. Let's assume we all get vaccinated and and we get herd immunity and take this thing out one way or another.It's going to take about 90% immunity to get there but yeah, a large % of American public is pretty much taking the Sweden approach no matter what the government wants. The Swedes have abandoned it by the way.
Let me ask you this. I have no interest in having a debate with you any longer about this current pandemic....everyone has their opinion already. So let's talk the future. Let's assume we all get vaccinated and and we get herd immunity and take this thing out one way or another.
Fast forward a year. We know this strand may mutate, and we know there are more people on the planet, so pandemics will probably be more frequent. Following what the "government wants" has gotten us to this point, where we treat symptoms and not problems. Wouldn't the better approach be an emphasis on healthy eating/living and strengthening of the immune system, rather than sterility and forcing people to sit at home in fear? The medical community as a whole has adopted this 'don't hurt feelings' mantra all this time, and seem to be very reactionary. Seems like monetary incentives should be in place, whether it's insurance or medical charges, for people who are healthy.
Honestly, I don't really even think it's what the "government wants". It's what the top infectious disease and doctors, i.e. the "experts" want. Is it basically because the smartest of all of them have found a way to keep themselves employed? I understand this pandemic has kinda backfired and really taken a toll on them as they are overwhelmed, so they should be willing to change that stance. We have the greatest healthcare system in the world, but it seems like we are still lacking when it comes to being more proactive. We developed a COVID vaccine in less than a year, you can't tell me we can't come up with other things that can help improve immunity as a whole.
Bottom line, our reaction to THIS pandemic should never happen again, by our reaction I mean the fear and willingness to total isolate. It's not like it was some 'I Am Legend' brain eating type of stuff that totally overwhelmed our bodies over the whole population.
You described him perfectly.
Bottom line, our reaction to THIS pandemic should never happen again, by our reaction I mean the fear and willingness to total isolate. It's not like it was some 'I Am Legend' brain eating type of stuff that totally overwhelmed our bodies over the whole population.
"Healthy living and strengthening your immune system" won't do a dang thing to help with a new virus that none of us have ever been exposed to. NOT ONE THING. By definition nobody has an immune response to it. What we are seeing is what the Native Americans saw when they were exposed to the "childhood" diseases of the Europeans. Most Europeans had a built in immunity. It was deadly to the NAs, who by the modern new age definition lived extremely healthy lives. Their were more than decimated. We actually got lucky with COVID. It is very contagious but over all not that deadly. This was the warning shot. Remember the first SARS? It killed 20% of the people who got it, but it wasn't that contagious and wasn't contagious long if at all before symptoms developed. That was another warning shot. The next one might be both. That was the reason for the initial reaction to one. I swear I don't even know why I respond anymore.Let me ask you this. I have no interest in having a debate with you any longer about this current pandemic....everyone has their opinion already. So let's talk the future. Let's assume we all get vaccinated and and we get herd immunity and take this thing out one way or another.
Fast forward a year. We know this strand may mutate, and we know there are more people on the planet, so pandemics will probably be more frequent. Following what the "government wants" has gotten us to this point, where we treat symptoms and not problems. Wouldn't the better approach be an emphasis on healthy eating/living and strengthening of the immune system, rather than sterility and forcing people to sit at home in fear? The medical community as a whole has adopted this 'don't hurt feelings' mantra all this time, and seem to be very reactionary. Seems like monetary incentives should be in place, whether it's insurance or medical charges, for people who are healthy.
Honestly, I don't really even think it's what the "government wants". It's what the top infectious disease and doctors, i.e. the "experts" want. Is it basically because the smartest of all of them have found a way to keep themselves employed? I understand this pandemic has kinda backfired and really taken a toll on them as they are overwhelmed, so they should be willing to change that stance. We have the greatest healthcare system in the world, but it seems like we are still lacking when it comes to being more proactive. We developed a COVID vaccine in less than a year, you can't tell me we can't come up with other things that can help improve immunity as a whole.
Bottom line, our reaction to THIS pandemic should never happen again, by our reaction I mean the fear and willingness to total isolate. It's not like it was some 'I Am Legend' brain eating type of stuff that totally overwhelmed our bodies over the whole population.
It's going to take about 90% immunity to get there but yeah, a large % of American public is pretty much taking the Sweden approach no matter what the government wants. The Swedes have abandoned it by the way.
That's why I said we should strengthen our immune system, so what happened to the NAs won't happen to us. Can you not read? If you're going to continue to respond like this, you're right, don't respond. With a healthier population, and some exposure, we should be able to minimize death rates to most any disease. That's how it works."Healthy living and strengthening your immune system" won't do a dang thing to help with a new virus that none of us have ever been exposed to. NOT ONE THING. By definition nobody has an immune response to it. What we are seeing is what the Native Americans saw when they were exposed to the "childhood" diseases of the Europeans. Most Europeans had a built in immunity. It was deadly to the NAs, who by the modern new age definition lived extremely healthy lives. Their were more than decimated. We actually got lucky with COVID. It is very contagious but over all not that deadly. This was the warning shot. Remember the first SARS? It killed 20% of the people who got it, but it wasn't that contagious and wasn't contagious long if at all before symptoms developed. That was another warning shot. The next one might be both. That was the reason for the initial reaction to one. I swear I don't even know why I respond anymore.
That's why I said we should strengthen our immune system, so what happened to the NAs won't happen to us. Can you not read? If you're going to continue to respond like this, you're right, don't respond. With a healthier population, and some exposure, we should be able to minimize death rates to most any disease. That's how it works.
I'm not talking anti-vaxxer stupidity. I'm talking about a general increase in health. We are incredibly unhealthy in the country right now, on average.
The more you talk the more it's obvious that you are one of those in the medical community who profit off the general public's stupidity. You don't like pandemics though, because that makes you work too hard. You're so used to making your money the easy way. You can even hear Doomsday Dobbs complain about this, "well I've had to work this whole time, I couldn't stop", well boo hoo you prick, most Americans would love to be in that position.
GTFO of here with that bull
You'd be the first in line. To relate it to Rona, let's just just say you have some pre-existing conditions.
Wife is 29 and has cancer. She got the Bamlanivimab a few days ago and it seems to have really helped.
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
Maroon and White Football
Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
Maroon and White Football
Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor