Hyrox Opinions?

JAS

Sophomore
Jun 29, 2001
197
196
43
My previous gym Lionheart in State College has added this adaptation of CrossFit. Has anyone switched into this program?
Since relocating to South Carolina,,I joined a Burn Boot Camp which I absolutely love. My previous time in CrossFit were awesome path to rebuilding fitness.
Appreciative of all opinions thanks
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,771
113
My previous gym Lionheart in State College has added this adaptation of CrossFit. Has anyone switched into this program?
Since relocating to South Carolina,,I joined a Burn Boot Camp which I absolutely love. My previous time in CrossFit were awesome path to rebuilding fitness.
Appreciative of all opinions thanks
I lift hard but I’m not an expert. All I can suggest is that you first ask yourself exactly where you currently are fitness wise and what you want your end result to be. Then, ask yourself if Hyrox meets your needs. The only universal truth about fitness is that your diet is the most important factor. F me is it ever the most important factor. Your metabolism disappears when you age, dang.
 

PSU Mike

All-American
Jul 28, 2001
4,705
8,260
113
Just make sure you do something you like, or at least will actually do. Depending on age, make it something with low injury/setback risk. It doesn’t sound you lack motivation. Are you looking to win against others, or just looking to improve (although the former often helps with the latter)?
 

FK3JM

Senior
Oct 31, 2021
227
477
63
These branded workouts are for people who need their egos stroked. Go to a gym and do back squats, deadlifts, other compound movements and do cardio of your liking. If you need 30 people cheering for you while doing kipping pull-ups - God save you.
 

Mr. Potter

All-Conference
Oct 18, 2021
1,770
3,666
113
Ever since I was a boy I had a pull-up bar in the doorway to my room or office. That and pushups, some dips all I ever did for strength. Still do it to this day. My sister who is 55 years old the other day gripped the bar and held it for over a minute which is something.

Shalom
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
  2. 02 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  3. 03 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him