How my projections matched up

Keith_Stone33

Junior
Sep 30, 2013
1,657
242
0
I don't know if any of you remember the preseason previews I did for the Shenandoah District plus RE Lee, but I kept the notes from them and decided to see how they stacked up to what really happened, and since there's not a whole lot of chatter on here right now, I figured I'd share with you guys.

Wilson:
Projected: 10-0 or 9-1, 1st place in the Shenandoah District, a State Championship Appearance (not necessarily a win)
What really happened: 9-1, 2nd place in the Shenandoah District, a State Championship Appearance

Riverheads:
Projected: 9-1 or 8-2 (likely upset by East Rock), 2nd place in the Shenandoah District, make it to the 3rd round of playoffs
What really happened: 10-0, 1st place in the Shenandoah, lost in 2nd round of playoffs

East Rockingham:
Projected: 8-2, 3rd place in Shenandoah possibly 2nd if they upset RHS, 2nd round of the playoffs
What really happened: 8-2, 3rd place in Shenandoah, lost in 2nd round of playoffs

Luray:
Projected: 6-4, 4th place in the Shenandoah District, 1st round of the playoffs
What really happened: 7-3, 4th place in the Shenandoah District, lost in 1st round of the playoffs

Buffalo Gap:
Projected: 4-6 or 5-5 (couldn't decide on the Fort game), 5th in the district, on the playoff bubble
What really happened: 5-5 (beat Fort), 5th in the district, lost in 1st round of playoffs

Stuarts Draft:
Projected: 4-6, 6th in the Shenandoah District, no playoffs
What really happened: 3-7, 6th in the Shenandoah District, no playoffs

I had Stonewall Jackson and Page County at the bottom 2 with not much separation, in one of the notes I had Page at 7 and in another I had Stonewall at 7 in the district, but only had them winning 1 game between them, and that is what happened (Stonewall won).

RE Lee:
Projected: 6-4, 2nd in the Valley District, 2nd round of the playoffs
What really happened: 6-4, 2nd in the Valley, lost in the 1st round of the playoffs
 
VirginiaPreps

Latest

  1. 01 VirginiaPreps Football All Goad! Mechanicsville Runs Away With 39-29 Win!
  2. 02 High School Football High School Football: The St. James Academy upsets No. 3 St. Frances Academy
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Touted linebacker RJ Hudson backs off Clemson commitment -- and a new team is trending
  4. 04 VirginiaPreps Private School Predictions Week 7
  5. 05 VirginiaPreps VHSL Football Top Tens - Entering 10-8-26 Games