Both Lowry and Vitale have been invited to the Combine on Feb. 23-29. Assuming both these guys get drafted, do we have anyone else who could get drafted?
I think VanHoose gets a look.
Do you think a Henry, Mogus, or Frazier could make it as UFA's?
What the heck is a UFA?MAYBE as a UFA. Highly doubt he's drafted.
Thanks. Apologies to Uncle Leo on Seinfeld, but I'm old. I'm confused.Undrafted Free Agent![]()
Unidentified Foreign Agent
I guess this group is a typical Fitz graduating class: 1 or 2 draftees (0 in some years) with 3-4 UFA's invited to camp, and a couple sticking as practice squad players. Looking at the next crop of seniors, looks like only Matt Harris has a shot at being drafted, with guys like Odenigbo, Kuhar, Park, etc. needing monster seasons to even get on the radar. Barring anyone leaving early (Walker, Igwebuike) it will be more par for course on draft day next year. The glass half-full crowd will say that Fitz does more with less, while the half-empty crowd will lament that we can't develop players. We've talked about this before, but ironically it seems we had more Dark Age players drafted (early to mid-80's) than we do now.
We've talked about this before, but ironically it seems we had more Dark Age players drafted (early to mid-80's) than we do now.
And therefore there are more free-agent signing's now. I think it is a lot cheaper and less risk for professional teams.The NFL used to go 12 rounds in the 1980s. Maybe that has something to do with it?
The NFL used to go 12 rounds in the 1980s. Maybe that has something to do with it?
You are correct. But given the abysmal record on the field during the Dark Ages it still is amazing that we produced guys like Chris Hinton, Steve Tasker, John Kidd, Mike Guendling, Alex Moyer, etc. who were drafted or had successful pro careers. Given our relative success this past decade it still is puzzling how Fitz has done it without more NFL caliber talent.
And therefore there are more free-agent signing's now. I think it is a lot cheaper and less risk for professional teams.
That was pretty much the gist of what I was told.I forgot about Deonte. He definitely improved in his senior year and should get signed as an UFA. Probably doesn't have the freak athleticism needed on the edge to stick though.
Wildcat Report
Takeaways: Wildcats have plenty to work on past the box score in 45-14 win over Ball State
Wildcat Report
Cats roll over Ball State, 45-14, in uninspiring rout
Wildcat Report
Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
On3 NIL
Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
Wildcat Report
Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster