How is our hitting going to be this year?

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
I know we are set with pitching but losing Westburg and Foscue leaves two gaping holes in the lineup. Right now who does it look like will fill their spots?
 

PartTimeGenius

Redshirt
Aug 28, 2018
424
3
18
Looking at the roster, we have 4 position players breaking 200 lbs. I'd venture to say power will not be our strong suit.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
With all the 2020 craziness we have 25 upperclassmen. I don't know how this compares to other teams, but there should be a lot of competition for playing time. To compare to upperclassmen on our best recent teams:
2019 - 18
2016 - 21
2013 - 19
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,694
14,554
113
So will every other team. But, I still think we'll rely on pitching more this season. If Allen, James, & Pimentel (sp?) step up their hitting it could be a real fun year.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
I heard Predestined was pushing coach to adopt a bunt only approach.***

The real question is if Cohen is running people off for being conservative, is he going to run lemonis off for not bunting more**
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation