Hot seat getting hotter!

RL09

All-Conference
Dec 29, 2025
1,050
1,198
113
we Gamecocks certainly still have a great sense of humor.
 

bayrooster

All-American
Aug 21, 2003
15,649
8,061
113
And then there is this.
The article is worth reading in it's entirety.

Hot seat Shane Beamer mastered 'practice' at South Carolina. That's not the job​


https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...uth-carolina-football-candidates/91985463007/
Also another vote for Eck (followed by an observation that we're actually more patient with coaching hires).
Luke Fickell’s four-game win streak means Wisconsin’s job might not open. If Fickell keeps his seat, that means New Mexico’s Jason Eck won’t be headed to Wisconsin, and another Power Four school could swoop in and nab Eck.

South Carolina shows more patience with coaches than many SEC schools. Will Muschamp got five seasons to try to figure it out. Beamer is in Year 6.
 

Harvard Gamecock

All-Conference
May 5, 2014
3,336
3,072
113

I’m having a bit of a change of heart towards the situation. I mean maybe it just makes sense to avoid the buyout for a year or two.
 

Rob Hawk

Freshman
Nov 15, 2019
119
92
28
I’m having a bit of a change of heart towards the situation. I mean maybe it just makes sense to avoid the buyout for a year or two.
Right now there are good players on the roster. 2 years is a long ways off. But with NIL you can reload overnight on top talent.
 

Legal_fowl

Junior
Apr 3, 2019
613
380
63
I’m having a bit of a change of heart towards the situation. I mean maybe it just makes sense to avoid the buyout for a year or two.
At the end of next year the buyout will be about 15-16 million.

He would have 3 years left (2028, 2029 & 2030) @ 8.2 million x 3 = 24.6 x .65 = 15.9. (there are also annual increases I believe)
 

muscleknight

Senior
Mar 25, 2001
1,118
939
113
Teams are yearly now and there are no guarantees that you will win. UK spent 20 million on Bb players and at one point was in danger of not making the tournament. We spent 16 million and are 0-3.
 

RL09

All-Conference
Dec 29, 2025
1,050
1,198
113
I’m having a bit of a change of heart towards the situation. I mean maybe it just makes sense to avoid the buyout for a year or two.
I agree with you, why not upgrade at another key staff position such as DC. Clayton White is fine, but not that great.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,917
3,501
113
I agree with you, why not upgrade at another key staff position such as DC. Clayton White is fine, but not that great.
Until the last couple of weeks, White was the best DC we have ever had according to most around here. I don't think he forgot how to coach in the last month. He may just not have the talent. That is an option.

The answer to every problem is not to instantly turn over the coaching staff. As a mechanic friend of mine once said "the s**t your get may be worse than the s**t you've got".
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football 'He was a freaking dude': LaNorris Sellers looking more and more like best version of LaNorris Sellers
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball Recruiting South Carolina women's basketball: What the national media is saying about GG Banks' commitment
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Inside the snap count: South Carolina vs. Florida
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football National reactions to South Carolina's road domination of Florida
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Moving the Chains: Postgame reaction to South Carolina's upset win at Florida (VIDEO)