Horrible 2 minute drill

Mdnerd

All-American
Apr 20, 2022
2,042
6,225
113
Playing to try a 20 yard pass with less than 20 seconds to get a 50 yard fg attempt. It seemed like that was their actual strategy. I dont get it at all.
 

Cats_2010

Heisman
Jan 8, 2010
11,971
20,572
103
It wasn’t the best. That timeout they burned before USCjr punted came back to bite them but it was almost necessary to prevent the fake punt attempt. We were very conservative during that drive, didn’t want to take a sack, didn’t want to force anything and kind of just hoping things worked out for an attempt to win which didn’t happen but we won in the end which is all that matters. Huge win for stein and UK especially after the start of the game. Staff and team are still finding each other but stepping up when it matters.
 

CrimsonCats_rivals

All-Conference
Mar 22, 2022
1,772
3,642
61
I didn’t think it was that bad to start the drive. We didn’t want to throw a couple of quick incompletions and give them the ball back with time left, so the methodical start was according to script. Where things went sideways was sticking with short throws over the middle even once we were down to one and then no timeouts left past midfield. Glad it didn’t end up biting us because that was a big missed opportunity.
 

Battle_Cat

All-Conference
Sep 1, 2002
5,263
1,706
113
Stein will own that clock management, thats the difference in this coaching staff - accountability. At the end of the day all sins are forgiven when we get the W and I see tears in Beamers smug eyes. Although we started not so great, from about 3 mins before the half until the end of the game, I saw a lot of mudholes and feathers flying in chicken land.
 

SECualHealing

Redshirt
Oct 3, 2026
4
10
3
I thought the two minute drill was almost ran to perfection for what UK was trying to accomplish. The goal was to not give USC the ball back. if Minchey just hits a receiver on the sideline instead of in the field of play, UK is attempting to kick a walk off field goal and South Carolina isn't touching that ball again.

In hindsight, it's kind of like running a trick play. When it's successful, you're a genius and when it doesn't work out you're the biggest idiot in the world.
 

jeffky

All-American
Sep 22, 2017
3,898
7,629
113
That clock management was awful from start to finish. WAYYYYY too conservative, especially when you know your kicker is unreliable at best from distance.
debbie downer GIF

You get the downer of the week post. My god complaining about one of the biggest wins in our school history on the road. Where do you people come from unbelievable
 

Mdnerd

All-American
Apr 20, 2022
2,042
6,225
113
debbie downer GIF

You get the downer of the week post. My god complaining about one of the biggest wins in our school history on the road. Where do you people come from unbelievable

Didn't complain about a win at all. Did you not check the time stamp?

Also..."I thought we poorly mismanaged, and I poorly mismanaged that situation,” Stein said again in his press conference. “We got lucky in that moment. You know what I’m saying? We should have been better.” - Will Stein

So I guess our head coach is an even bigger downer than me! He actually did say this AFTER the win.

Maybe it can be true that was a HORRIBLE 2 minute drill that failed, and it also he awesome we won...
 

catagious

Senior
Apr 6, 2007
308
481
63
Didn't complain about a win at all. Did you not check the time stamp?

Also..."I thought we poorly mismanaged, and I poorly mismanaged that situation,” Stein said again in his press conference. “We got lucky in that moment. You know what I’m saying? We should have been better.” - Will Stein

So I guess our head coach is an even bigger downer than me! He actually did say this AFTER the win.

Maybe it can be true that was a HORRIBLE 2 minute drill that failed, and it also he awesome we won...
Actually, that was a double negative: “poorly mismanaged”. So what he seems to be saying is that it was well managed. 😏
 

jeffky

All-American
Sep 22, 2017
3,898
7,629
113
Didn't complain about a win at all. Did you not check the time stamp?

Also..."I thought we poorly mismanaged, and I poorly mismanaged that situation,” Stein said again in his press conference. “We got lucky in that moment. You know what I’m saying? We should have been better.” - Will Stein

So I guess our head coach is an even bigger downer than me! He actually did say this AFTER the win.

Maybe it can be true that was a HORRIBLE 2 minute drill that failed, and it also he awesome we won...
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.
  2. 02 KSR Football Kentucky drops out of AP Poll Top 25 despite win over South Carolina
  3. 03 KSR Football Not that it matters, but Kentucky got that snap off in time at the end of regulation
  4. 04 KSR Football Kentucky football is now ranked in the Coaches Poll Top 25
  5. 05 KSR Football 'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win