Holy headache

JerseyCityHawk

All-Conference
Jul 6, 2025
1,342
2,210
112
That was one hot game to be at… I don’t think the beers helped it as I feel like a Mack Truck hit me head on… but worth it! Looking forward to next weeks game and a quick turnaround- probably going to take the flight route this time around.

Great win and a Happy Hawkeye
 

Hawkfan_08*

All-American
Jul 2, 2025
3,651
9,725
113
I don't know what job you have where you can go to almost every game from the East Coast but it's not an educator...

I'm still feeling yesterday as well and that's with nothing but water.
 

JerseyCityHawk

All-Conference
Jul 6, 2025
1,342
2,210
112
I don't know what job you have where you can go to almost every game from the East Coast but it's not an educator...

I'm still feeling yesterday as well and that's with nothing but water.
Just like normal people we save our asses off for 9 months … by no means are we even wealthy but when you have a love for your team and a lot to look forward to I would give up trips to Hawaii or Australia etc just to watch the Hawks play. This is the best present we could ask for is being able to attend these games and I am working on landing a job in IC… as much as I love my home state … Iowa is absolutely GODS COUNTRY… I feel so “at home” every time we come here and never gets old…
 

83Hawk

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2023
1,733
3,896
113
Just like normal people we save our asses off for 9 months … by no means are we even wealthy but when you have a love for your team and a lot to look forward to I would give up trips to Hawaii or Australia etc just to watch the Hawks play. This is the best present we could ask for is being able to attend these games and I am working on landing a job in IC… as much as I love my home state … Iowa is absolutely GODS COUNTRY… I feel so “at home” every time we come here and never gets old…
You don't have to work in Iowa City, you know.
 

r_desihawk

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2025
3,181
4,598
112
Just like normal people we save our asses off for 9 months … by no means are we even wealthy but when you have a love for your team and a lot to look forward to I would give up trips to Hawaii or Australia etc just to watch the Hawks play. This is the best present we could ask for is being able to attend these games and I am working on landing a job in IC… as much as I love my home state … Iowa is absolutely GODS COUNTRY… I feel so “at home” every time we come here and never gets old…
there was a time i used to feel that way about IC but with time that has faded. your enthusiasm though does energize me!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JerseyCityHawk

Hawkfan_08*

All-American
Jul 2, 2025
3,651
9,725
113
Just like normal people we save our asses off for 9 months … by no means are we even wealthy but when you have a love for your team and a lot to look forward to I would give up trips to Hawaii or Australia etc just to watch the Hawks play. This is the best present we could ask for is being able to attend these games and I am working on landing a job in IC… as much as I love my home state … Iowa is absolutely GODS COUNTRY… I feel so “at home” every time we come here and never gets old…

Thats awesome. I have lived in the area so long that it is feeling less and less special like when I was going to games in high school or college. Don't get me wrong... I'm still planning on going to all the games!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JerseyCityHawk

Iron Doc

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2005
909
1,303
93
That was one hot game to be at… I don’t think the beers helped it as I feel like a Mack Truck hit me head on… but worth it! Looking forward to next weeks game and a quick turnaround- probably going to take the flight route this time around.

Great win and a Happy Hawkeye
Are you sure you didn't have a mild heat injury?
I damn near went to my reward at a late afternoon Sophomore level FB game in Minneapolis last Wednesday.
Water only, being diabetic.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JerseyCityHawk

JerseyCityHawk

All-Conference
Jul 6, 2025
1,342
2,210
112
Are you sure you didn't have a mild heat injury?
I damn near went to my reward at a late afternoon Sophomore level FB game in Minneapolis last Wednesday.
Water only, being diabetic.
Who knows we both had massive headaches- yes, agree with you probably some sort of heat exhaustion or something? It was nasty I tell you
 

oldxbbc

All-American
Sep 19, 2013
1,923
7,465
113
It's Tuesday morning and I am just now getting back to normal after sitting in the east stands for the entire game. That was rough, to say the least.
 

JerseyCityHawk

All-Conference
Jul 6, 2025
1,342
2,210
112
You don't have to work in Iowa City, you know.
I know- plenty of suburbs around… IC .. used to taking public transportation especially growing up 20 mins from NYC.. will be nice to just get something close to IC .. we are talking about putting our house up for sale soon and hopefully once sold I can easily get a job as I have my undergraduate Degree from U of Iowa from 1996 and my masters .. and my better half is a RN.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 83Hawk

Hawkangler

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
2,176
4,739
113
Are you sure you didn't have a mild heat injury?
I damn near went to my reward at a late afternoon Sophomore level FB game in Minneapolis last Wednesday.
Water only, being diabetic.
Smart Water and Gatorade to keep hydrated and the electrolytes up. Not as bad this week plus it will be cooler for the game.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Following the future
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Thoughts on Iowa football...and basketball
  3. 03 High School Football Iowa RB commit Keyon Thomas runs wild in Warren Central (Ind.) win
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Olympics Iowa Soccer earns a much-needed 1-0 win over Rutgers
  5. 05 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions