Holiday Music

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,593
49,997
113
Anyone else a sucker for holiday music? I look forward to this time of year so I can hear all of the holiday songs (even though I am Jewish). Now, I don't like all of the holiday songs, but there are quite a few that I really enjoy.
I remember when I was a kid, and I listened primarily to Rock 100 The KATT. I would always look forward to hearing Bruce Springsteen's version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Christmas Rapping by The Waitresses, Happy Xmas by John Lennon, Father Christmas by The Kinks, and many others.

Right now, I am listening to the "Rockin' Holiday Music" station on Pandora and hearing some of the above, plus many others. I like hearing different versions of Holiday classics (from random musicians) that I have never heard before, or haven't heard in years.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan

Orange Jennyslipper

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2005
9,673
2,021
0
I love a lot of Christmas songs. Some, like O Holy Night, are high on my all-time greats list.

Been, if you like your carols jazzed up a bit, don't miss the Christmas special by the Brian Setzer Orchestra. It's been on a couple of times already and will be on again on vh1 and palladia a couple more times before Christmas.

They do a few Stray Cats and rockabilly covers with a rockabilly flair on the carols they do. Very good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Been Jammin

Alpha Poke

Heisman
Sep 7, 2001
162,864
36,132
78
94.1 in Tulsa starts doing all Christmas music at Thanksgiving. My wife won't listen to anything else for the entire month.
 

CowboyJD

Heisman
Dec 12, 2002
30,977
20,811
0
I made a Spotify list of my favorite 100 "Special" Christmas songs.

I love Holiday music of all types.
 

ctdub

All-American
Dec 11, 2003
14,377
5,731
112
I can listen to Christmas music for a few days to make the wife and kids happy, but I don't really enjoy it.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia