Gunnar Hoglund headed for TJ surgery...

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
It’s not like its reversible when it gets to the point it reached....which took several years. It’s also not like you can make it more unrecoverable or worse by continuing to pitch. I’m sure he probably knew weeks ago that he would need the surgery, and from that point it was just a matter as to what his pain tolerance was (in terms of actual tolerance as well as how well he could perform in that level of pain). My guess is he told coaches he’d go as far as he could before going under the knife....and he did.
Big, steaming pile of horse sh*t.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I don’t buy that he and the coaches and the training staff knew weeks ago he needed TJ surgery and they decided to let him pitch until it became too painful. What are you basing that guess on? You know that this news is the result of an MRI this week, right?
Yeah, I really don't have the words to describe someone who would believe what he typed.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
I don’t buy that he and the coaches and the training staff knew weeks ago he needed TJ surgery and they decided to let him pitch until it became too painful. What are you basing that guess on? You know that this news is the result of an MRI this week, right?

I know when the MRI was. But sudden bicep pain and forearm tightness makes it no mystery to Hoglund himself. And like Drebin has already said, it’s basically turned into a rite of passage of sorts and not necessarily something to be feared like it’s some automatic career ending thing. The coaches definitely knew something was up or they wouldn’t have had a dude in the pen in the first damn inning before he even faced a batter. That doesn’t mean they are butchers, it means they are just giving a guy who is a gamer a chance to give it his best go at it before they pull the plug.
 
Last edited:

olblue.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 14, 2012
4,615
0
0
Yeah, I really don't have the words to describe someone who would believe what he typed.

Don’t underestimate yourself. You could simply use the words “that sounds like something I would type” and it would apply to 90% of the nonsense you post here.
 

Ranchdawg

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2012
4,719
3,994
113
Cross said they cut the offer in half after getting his physical results and that is why he ended up at OM.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
I don’t necessarily think Hoglund was overworked this year, but I also read where he had forearm tightness or something in his pregame bullpen.

If that is true, given the fact that Hoglund has already missed a start two weeks ago, I cannot wrap my mind around why Bianco let him go through with the start on Friday. It probably didn’t make a difference in the end, but that was borderline negligence.

I can’t comprehend that either. Why do you start him if you felt the need Diamond up in top of the 1st (keep in mind we were batting in T1). It will undoubtedly be used against Bianco, and rightfully so. It’s a move that reeks of desperation, to be honest. He’s saying the right things in that Hoglund felt he could go and the trainer cleared him, but you have an obligation to a kid like Hoglund who’s a 1st round draft pick. No way he should’ve started.

Now, I agree that didn’t cause the injury. The injury was why his forearm was tight. But, there’s no denying that the optics of it are bad.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window