Grimsley @ Varina (VA) 10/2

drop_tables

All-Conference
Aug 14, 2004
4,730
1,799
113
Last year, this game was pretty close. I was looking at Varina's roster and they only have 36 kids on their squad. Based on that alone, Grimsley will wear them out and pull away, probably win by 14+
I think Grimsley will be more aware of who their opponent is going into it this year too. I could be absolutely wrong about this. Who does Varina have that really jumps out as a gamebreaker? Someone on here always talks about how Grimsley only wins because they always play their best opponents at home, well this one is 202 miles away, and a 4-5 hour activity bus ride.
 

drop_tables

All-Conference
Aug 14, 2004
4,730
1,799
113
I also saw where Varina's starting QB #3 was injured against Oscar Smith. I'm not sure if he is still out or how serious it was.
 

Powidz

Senior
Dec 24, 2003
1,424
420
83
I saw film of this game last year. It was very competitive. The Varina QB really impressed me and they seemed to have alot of size. I hope Grimsley wins.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlueDevil1996!

NCFB92

Senior
Nov 10, 2017
419
405
63
Varina is the number one ranked team in VA and defending state champs. Last year their only loss was to Grimsley. This should be a very good game surprised there isn't more chatter on this. Grimsley is currently riding a 37 game win streak (Back to back state champs). Big big game in Richmond, VA tonight.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlueDevil1996!
Dec 23, 2023
94
68
18
Grimsley very dominant in the win. Made some mistakes but thats football. I picked them to lose by 10 based on film from previous games , that hype train has left the building. Didn't look or play like a #1 state team . Grimsley out played them the entire night . I think when they kicked their band out of the game pissed them off and rightfully so would do the same to any team if that happened to their band. Varina principal shame on you. That was an embarrassing thing to do to those kids . How can you call yourself a principal for kids ? Pitiful and shameful. You should be demoted. Just my 2 cents.
 

drop_tables

All-Conference
Aug 14, 2004
4,730
1,799
113
Yeah, I heard Grimsley's band was kicked out of the game, because they were playing while Varina had the ball..... LOL like sir, don't you know that's common occurrence for football games??? Absolutely comical and amateur behavior from Varina's principal to have Grimsley's band escorted out of the stadium by police.
 
Last edited:

drop_tables

All-Conference
Aug 14, 2004
4,730
1,799
113
I see where they are trying to pull out some state ruling on it. But, Varina's band was also playing when Grimsley had the ball in the 1st half... um hello!?!?!?!?
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5