I, a skeptic, am Truely impressed with this Basketball team through tonight. Let’s not be the victim that turns UK’s season around though. Some will say a 1-6 UK team is still better than a 6-3 State team. That should not happen. State should curb stomp this UK team Saturday.
I like our chances against Kentucky this year. As a fan, 12 straight years of losses to them will make it feel like a bigger task then it probably is.
I’ve watched about five minutes of UK basketball but from what I can gather it’s a roster chock full of athletes with length who can’t throw it in the ocean and Calipari is hell bent on making it work. It may in the SEC because so many other league rosters are built the same way but I would be surprised if they are .500 in conference play. Their two best scoring options were coming off the bench last year at Creighton and Rhode Island and supposedly their best shooter can’t get off Calipari’s bench because he’s not one of those blue chippers with length. And he’s justifying it with crazy talk about how he’s got to give the younger guys shots.
I like State’s perimeter game. It should be enough for a double digit W.
Impressive win, Kentucky needs to be another W on Saturday. We will likely never have a better chance to beat Calipari than this.
My biggest complaint with Howland has always been that his teams take two steps forward immediately followed by two steps backward. Hopefully we can maintain our current momentum and have a better than expected season.
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
Maroon and White Football
Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
Maroon and White Football
Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama