It was a road sweep so overall has to be a solid A.
Hitting: A+. Welcome back Rowdey Jordan. Team hit for average and power. Even Hatcher got going a little bit. 22 runs on 35 hits. Long time coming. Felt really good.
Starting Pitching: B+ MacLeod solid outing and Bednar perhaps best outing of season so far. Fristoe not so much. I think he lost a bit of focus being staked to such a big lead before he even left the dugout.
Bullpen: C. Kind of a good/bad story for the pen. Flat blew a three run lead late in game 1 led by two consecutive walks by Preston Johnson. That cannot happen. I think he just got caught up in the moment but he needs to calm down a bit if he is going to help us out in tight situations. Eventually Sims came in and did his thing. Game 2 Simmons came in with a big lead and looked pretty shaky in the 8th but then Tullar, Patrick, and Stinnett able to pick up the slack. Game 3 surrendered 10 runs, 6 of which belonged to the pen. Thankfully we kept the whooping sticks going. I think a lot of this was focus related to the big lead.
Coaching A. I think starting Leggett was a good move. Had the team ready to play on the road.
Hitting: A+. Welcome back Rowdey Jordan. Team hit for average and power. Even Hatcher got going a little bit. 22 runs on 35 hits. Long time coming. Felt really good.
Starting Pitching: B+ MacLeod solid outing and Bednar perhaps best outing of season so far. Fristoe not so much. I think he lost a bit of focus being staked to such a big lead before he even left the dugout.
Bullpen: C. Kind of a good/bad story for the pen. Flat blew a three run lead late in game 1 led by two consecutive walks by Preston Johnson. That cannot happen. I think he just got caught up in the moment but he needs to calm down a bit if he is going to help us out in tight situations. Eventually Sims came in and did his thing. Game 2 Simmons came in with a big lead and looked pretty shaky in the 8th but then Tullar, Patrick, and Stinnett able to pick up the slack. Game 3 surrendered 10 runs, 6 of which belonged to the pen. Thankfully we kept the whooping sticks going. I think a lot of this was focus related to the big lead.
Coaching A. I think starting Leggett was a good move. Had the team ready to play on the road.