Golf needs a heel

Chesusdog

All-American
May 2, 2006
5,133
5,554
113
And that out weighs sneaker sales?
monty python GIF
 

Chesusdog

All-American
May 2, 2006
5,133
5,554
113
I was disagreeing. I don’t know, I just assumed nothing topped basketball because of shoe sales. It would be interesting to know how it shakes out of investment portfolios are considered. I don’t see Fischer Investments advertising during NBA playoff games.
I agree with your disagreement. The idea of golf having a larger economic impact than the NBA and NFL combined is absurd.
 
Oct 31, 2022
208
318
63
There is no villain. It’s boring. Are there any rivalries out there? We had Patrick Reed vs the world for a minute. He’s not consistently good enough to move the needle. Bryson vs Koepka lasted 43 holes. All of today’s players seem to have come straight out of the country club finishing school. Do any of them smoke cigarettes and engage the fans during the round?
I’m not saying they aren’t amazing at golf.
Golf needs Tiger but he ain’t coming back.
 

golferdog

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2024
1,338
1,102
113
Golf is missing the interesting characters who made themselves into champions. Hagen and Sam Snead were a-holes. Hogan quit school after his father killed himself in front of the family. He worked as a newspaper boy until he discovered that caddies made better money. He learned the game and set out to be a player. Trevino hustled for change in West Texas. Sometimes he played using a Dr. Pepper bottle. Orville Moody learned the game in the army. Raymond Floyd hustled all over Texas to make a living. The PGA just doesn’t have this type of person anymore. Sad.
I will agree with this. Most of them seem like robots, either playing golf, working out or traveling to next event. It's almost the exact opposite of the casual, weekend golfer. I love to play every day I can, but I like to have fun as well.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Choctaw Dawg

Junior
May 21, 2017
598
311
63
Rory and Dechambeau have a good rivalry going but i consider them both heels. I'm a bit more fond of Bryson though as I can't stand Rory.

The LIV/PGA split I thought would be more compelling with creating rivalries between the two but with the lax LIV schedule most of those guys can't get into a groove. LIV hasn't had a tournament in a couple of months.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list