Going Chromebook

Deepfork

Heisman
May 29, 2001
14,638
14,772
113
My laptop is quickly going to crap, so I have decided to move to a Chromebook as my personal laptop. I have an asus c302ca-dhm4 chromebook flip on the way. Supposedly a highly thought of, mid priced chromebook. Have any of you made this move? What should I expect?
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
If it's primary use is as a browsing device then you'll be just fine. I have one that I've used for years and love it. Of course, I have a business machine from the company that's Windows and more powerful for real work.
 

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
My laptop is quickly going to crap, so I have decided to move to a Chromebook as my personal laptop. I have an asus c302ca-dhm4 chromebook flip on the way. Supposedly a highly thought of, mid priced chromebook. Have any of you made this move? What should I expect?

My only issue is the no storage thing. You literally are forced to use the cloud. If you’re just looking for a machine to browse the web, and for light duty, it’s a good buy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ostatedchi

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
If it's primary use is as a browsing device then you'll be just fine. I have one that I've used for years and love it. Of course, I have a business machine from the company that's Windows and more powerful for real work.

Lol should have read this before posting
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ostatedchi

OSUDD

Senior
Feb 20, 2005
3,624
981
113
I went Chromebook and have not liked it at all. Truly just an internet browsing computer and this is from someone who loves the google family of hardware and software.
 

The Duke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
18,552
59,377
103
I went Chromebook and have not liked it at all. Truly just an internet browsing computer and this is from someone who loves the google family of hardware and software.

That's exactly what most folks use a computer for....certainly if you do your own taxes, run a business, gamer, etc. then it's a different discussion...
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight