Go Army!

Big_O

All-Conference
Jun 28, 2001
1,707
2,804
113
Go Navy!

I was accepted to the Naval Academy, but there were no nominations available in my district, as my local congressman and a US Senator from my state had 5 non-graduating appointees at the Academy. The only available appointment with over 800 applicants (other US Senator) had the one available spot, secured by the brother of one of the senator’s staffers. I learned an important lesson - it’s who know, not what you know. The academy contacted me wanting me to go to a military prep school or undergraduate ROTC program and then re-apply, but with no guarantee of securing a nomination. I said thanks, but no thanks, so I went to my second choice college - Penn State, and never looked back.
 

TXLION_

Senior
Oct 22, 2024
161
441
63
GO ARMY!! I’m in the US Air Force, but my dad, sister, and brother in law are all west point grads so i feel an obligation to cheer for army.
 
  • Like
Reactions: UncleRoyBiggins

Nittering Nabob

All-Conference
Sep 17, 2024
3,655
3,467
113
I have a question

Why are some Navy Cadets allowed to wear white sweatshirts (or are they just fans)?

I really like the nattily dressed Cadets from Army and Navy. Their overcoats are exceptional.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,580
22,775
113
My maternal grandparents met at the 1927 Army-Navy game played at the Polo Grounds. Talk about fate.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
  2. 02 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach
  3. 03 BWI Football The issues with Penn State's struggling run game are clear; fixing them is a much more challenging task
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Head Coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: USC
  5. 05 BWI Football Koby Howard injury update: What is the latest on the Penn State receiver before USC?