Gimel Martinez

akaukswoosh

Hall of Famer
Jan 14, 2006
82,392
126,797
93
Jerry Tipton did a good article on him. No I won't link it. Has lived in Columbus, Ohio now for years. Good job.

His father-in-law asked Martinez to help out in the family business, WH Humphrey, which sells lift equipment like hoists and cranes to construction and manufacturing companies and steel mills. Martinez, who turns 49 on June 14, has worked for the company for 21 years. He is now a vice president for sales and co-owner.

Q: Who has been your favorite UK player to watch during the past few seasons?

A: “I kind of like (Tyler) Herro. He was a good little ballplayer. And I really liked the big kid who left this year. Nick Richards. I like how he has developed.”


 

BlueBomb

Heisman
Apr 3, 2009
10,872
20,282
103
Dude was rockin' a porn stache as a teenager.

 

Raptureme

All-Conference
Apr 14, 2006
6,185
1,428
0
Got a pic with him at The Memorial Golf tourn. a couple years ago......See him there every year
 

Cowtown Cat

Heisman
Aug 23, 2015
24,373
55,625
100
My wife’s favorite player of the Pitino era, outside of maybe Mash, of course. He was definitely a fan favorite. I’ve never heard anyone speak badly of Martinez. Dude was all hustle and gave everything he had.
 

saxonburgcat

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
4,437
4,151
0
My wife’s favorite player of the Pitino era, outside of maybe Mash, of course. He was definitely a fan favorite. I’ve never heard anyone speak badly of Martinez. Dude was all hustle and gave everything he had.

Wasn't he the player that Pitino yelled at saying, "shoot the ball or transfer!" That was a classic line!
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Kentucky heads to Oklahoma as a slight underdog
  2. 02 KSR KSR Today: Rank Kentucky football, you cowards
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky has the fourth-best resume in college football, now projected to win eight
  4. 04 KSR Football Kentucky now a trendy pick to make College Football Playoff
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting 5-star Kellan Hall on epic night at Kentucky: "They made a statement to the rest of the country"