Question... IdkDo they still have their cannon?
That was the best home field ever.
Coal City used to let off large amounts of fireworks at inappropriate times. Geneseo seems way cooler than Coal City...Cannon no longer there. They do let off large amounts of fireworks at appropriate times, and they still have the bell.
Cannon was for touchdowns during the game. Bell was the victory bell after Geneseo won the game. Although we attempted to ring it back in '94 when we beat Geneseo for the 1st time in 20+ years (I played for Ottawa) but our coach got in the way and demanded we go to the locker room.Coal City used to let off large amounts of fireworks at inappropriate times. Geneseo seems way cooler than Coal City...
Can you explain the need for both a bell AND a cannon at one point?
Nice. I remember I hopped on a fan charter to Geneseo sometime between 2008-2010 for QND/Geneseo regular season. I believe our starting RB got hurt earlyish that game and we ended up losing I'm sure, we usually did to the Mini Pack. But, I remember the cannon for sure, I didn't remember a bell. I just know it was a decent set up for a mid-size school stadium. We pulled up and were greeted by someone who got on the bus from Geneseo and was prepping us on where we were allowed to enter, walk pregame, told us about 27 times no booze in the stands (like duh lady, Catholics don't just drink 24/7, well, some do, jk). I always thought she was hilarious in how serious she was doing her job, but super informative person, just no-nonsense kind that wasn't having any of the antics QND fans were already joking about after a long ride. Mostly 90% of the bus having to go to the bathroom stat at that point. Almost like they knew, and they may have, that QND was bringing 3 charter busses full of fans some 4 hours one-way for that game. Good times!Cannon was for touchdowns during the game. Bell was the victory bell after Geneseo won the game. Although we attempted to ring it back in '94 when we beat Geneseo for the 1st time in 20+ years (I played for Ottawa) but our coach got in the way and demanded we go to the locker room.
Morris did the same in 1979 during their first trip to state while Geneseo was in the midst of a dynasty. Heard it almost lead to a post game fight.Cannon was for touchdowns during the game. Bell was the victory bell after Geneseo won the game. Although we attempted to ring it back in '94 when we beat Geneseo for the 1st time in 20+ years (I played for Ottawa) but our coach got in the way and demanded we go to the locker room.
Cannon was for touchdowns during the game. Bell was the victory bell after Geneseo won the game. Although we attempted to ring it back in '94 when we beat Geneseo for the 1st time in 20+ years (I played for Ottawa) but our coach got in the way and demanded we go to the locker room.
You should NOT have a bell, if you're not willing to get your bell rung.Morris did the same in 1979 during their first trip to state while Geneseo was in the midst of a dynasty. Heard it almost lead to a post game fight.
Edgy Tim Football
Week 8 EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30
Edgy Tim Football
Video: Loyola 38 St. Ignatius 7
On3 Football
Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
Rivals Football Recruiting
Rivals Riser: Illinois WR commit Bennett Konkey earns his fourth star
CaneSport football recruiting
Power ranking the five best Miami recruits I saw on the road in September