Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Purdue

corbi2961

Senior
Sep 9, 2005
30,524
786
0
Johnson is a nice player. I hope we pay him to stick around
nice player? he is an all Big Ten CB with definite NFL potential. He’s been our best CB for the last two seasons. He is a must keep next year.
 

AtlantaCat

Junior
May 29, 2001
13,585
202
63
Gee, I cannot wait for Lausch to become experienced enough to hit a wide open receiver on a 10 yard pass. Thanks genius Cat fan.
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,370
1,438
62
I do like the adjustment Lujan has made this week to get Porter involved in the passing game
 
Aug 31, 2003
15,133
556
113
I'm actually surprised at how good Purdue's crowd is. I've been to games at Purdue in other bad seasons for them when the crowd was dead. There must still be some sort of excitement for the team for the crowd to show up like this.
 

NU Houston

Senior
Apr 12, 2010
6,538
516
113
Purdue defense is bad. Cats should have 14 points now. That miss on the pass to Gordon was tough. Would have been an easy TD.
Missed another one on the pass to Porter. At least the Cats ended up scoring on this drive.

Purdue is bad.
 

NU Houston

Senior
Apr 12, 2010
6,538
516
113
I'm actually surprised at how good Purdue's crowd is. I've been to games at Purdue in other bad seasons for them when the crowd was dead. There must still be some sort of excitement for the team for the crowd to show up like this.
Is it homecoming?
 

corbi2961

Senior
Sep 9, 2005
30,524
786
0
What are the chances he enters the draft this year
I doubt it. He is just starting to get noticed. He could use another season of physical development. He will get interest and NIL offers from college blue bloods. Need to retain him at all costs.
 

Rodenthater

Sophomore
Jan 1, 2013
877
118
43
You’re stuffing them the whole first half and then you decide to play prevent defense! STUPID!!! Why!?
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,370
1,438
62
That drive was a killer. We had them backed up and let them out
 

nu greek

Sophomore
Nov 11, 2001
3,161
123
38
Unfortunately the end of the first half is very typical. That should not happen. Oh well.
 

AdamOnFirst

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
11,561
2,753
113
A complete head scratcher. Hilinski should not see the field again. Lausch should take every snap until the end of the season. We need to find out if Lausch is the guy going forward.
Another completely questionable and bizarre big picture decision by Braun on Lujan’s side of the ball with predictable results. Hillinski is more than a good kid, he’s a genuinely good person who has used personal tragedy to do great good. He’s a big body with a beautiful arm. It’s nothing against him. But that was ridiculous.
 

jensberg

Sophomore
Jul 28, 2006
3,083
182
63
Another completely questionable and bizarre big picture decision by Braun on Lujan’s side of the ball with predictable results. Hillinski is more than a good kid, he’s a genuinely good person who has used personal tragedy to do great good. He’s a big body with a beautiful arm. It’s nothing against him. But that was ridiculous.
I'm guessing since Card did quite well on that last drive that they're going to keep him in at quarterback for a while so we need to get pressure on him otherwise he's going to keep picking our secondary apart
 

SmellyCat

Junior
May 29, 2001
7,315
375
83
I feel like the most frustrating thing about Lausch is he either doesn't have his timing down with his receivers or he really struggles to put the ball in the right place (or, I fear, BOTH). So many passes are just nowhere near where they're supposed to be. Yes, you can blame a lot of that on below-average receivers or an OL that doesn't give him enough time to throw, but he also badly missed on two plays that should have been easy TDs in this half. His receivers got open, he had time, they weren't hard passes. He just whiffed.

There has been a lot of good from him today, especially compared to the last few weeks, but this problem has continued all season. I look forward to him getting better at this as his career continues.
 

phatcat_rivals223240

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2001
19,150
1,248
113
I'm guessing since Card did quite well on that last drive that they're going to keep him in at quarterback for a while so we need to get pressure on him otherwise he's going to keep picking our secondary apart
He's a veteran. If you give him time, he will pick you apart.
 

AdamOnFirst

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
11,561
2,753
113
I feel like the most frustrating thing about Lausch is he either doesn't have his timing down with his receivers or he really struggles to put the ball in the right place (or, I fear, BOTH). So many passes are just nowhere near where they're supposed to be. Yes, you can blame a lot of that on below-average receivers or an OL that doesn't give him enough time to throw, but he also badly missed on two plays that should have been easy TDs in this half. His receivers got open, he had time, they weren't hard passes. He just whiffed.

There has been a lot of good from him today, especially compared to the last few weeks, but this problem has continued all season. I look forward to him getting better at this as his career continues.
There is plenty enough blame to allocate plenty to each party regardless of the percentages
 

GECat2

Junior
Oct 8, 2012
1,993
262
63
A couple of quick thoughts:
D is playing well.
#41 is a beast today.
I never want to see Hillinski on the field again.
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,370
1,438
62
I feel like the most frustrating thing about Lausch is he either doesn't have his timing down with his receivers or he really struggles to put the ball in the right place (or, I fear, BOTH). So many passes are just nowhere near where they're supposed to be. Yes, you can blame a lot of that on below-average receivers or an OL that doesn't give him enough time to throw, but he also badly missed on two plays that should have been easy TDs in this half. His receivers got open, he had time, they weren't hard passes. He just whiffed.

There has been a lot of good from him today, especially compared to the last few weeks, but this problem has continued all season. I look forward to him getting better at this as his career continues.
Another miss by Lausch on that second down play. You have to hit those easy button hooks
 

NU Houston

Senior
Apr 12, 2010
6,538
516
113
That was such a shitshow series
Lausch bounces it to an open WR on 2nd down. Then they burn an early TO. Then short on the 3rd down run. Then a delay of game penalty before the punt. Nice. Great way to come out of the half.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  4. 04 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13