Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Cleveland State

mshelton33

All-Conference
Staff member
Jun 16, 2021
3,365
1,381
113
Northwestern (2-0) is set to host Cleveland State (1-1). The game will tip at 7:30 pm CT at Welsh-Ryan Arena; it will air on BTN.

Wildcats—donate blood in Abbott and the Big Ten’s We Give Blood competition to help NU win $1 million for campus health initiatives and score a limited edition Homefield t-shirt at bigten.org/abbott/northwestern.
 

jensberg

Sophomore
Jul 28, 2006
3,053
174
63
Don't understand why they scheduled back-to-back games with only 2 hours for the first one. They always run late. Sometimes as much as 10 or 15 minutes or more. Which is what is happening with our game tonight.
 
  • Angry
Reactions: Purple Pete

Deeringfish

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2008
21,811
1,745
63
Don't understand why they scheduled back-to-back games with only 2 hours for the first one. They always run late. Sometimes as much as 10 or 15 minutes or more. Which is what is happening with our game tonight.
I WAS wondering why it wasn't coming on B1G Network
 
Sep 9, 2015
2,162
677
113
Reid pushing the pace and looking to attack is sooooo fun. Especially against the weaker teams. He creates so much even when it doesn’t necessarily result in scores just the threat and requiring the D to get back adds a lot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SmellyCat
Sep 9, 2015
2,162
677
113
Reid is has really good vision as a pssser. What makes him an even better passer is how he looks off defenders. Keeps guys open that way.
 

Deeringfish

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2008
21,811
1,745
63
Loved Big Matt but he could jump as high as Page.
We play some cupcakes every season, but I don't ever remember this pace
I see what you mean. When you are playing so many guys you can run them maybe plus they just look faster as a team.
 
  • Like
Reactions: olsh

AdamOnFirst

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
11,418
2,613
113
Nice to singleton make some smooth moves down low. Other parts of his game are still coming along but his work with the ball has veteran calmness and smoothness already.
 

Deeringfish

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2008
21,811
1,745
63
I don't remember a season when The Cats were so dominant in the first three games. I mean no one has really challenged them yet.
Page at the half: 15 points, five boards, three assists, one steal, one block. Zero fouls.
Is there a stat for the hustle when he dove recovered the ball passed form his back and they scored. That was pure hustle and athleticism I don't think we have ever seen from a center.
 

Zazzy

Junior
Aug 21, 2009
387
254
63
We play DePaul next. A Big East team. Will be a test of how good we are. I do agree we never consistently blow “lesser” teams away like this year.
 

PURPLECAT88

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2003
8,025
1,276
113
I don't remember a season when The Cats were so dominant in the first three games. I mean no one has really challenged them yet.

Is there a stat for the hustle when he dove recovered the ball passed form his back and they scored. That was pure hustle and athleticism I don't think we have ever seen from a center.
He was just showing off for Shon Morris.
 

wocka

Junior
Oct 4, 2018
1,138
370
78
Page being this good offensively was not on my list. Wow.

Having a team this deep is going to help with consistency. Someone has to get hot every night. Nick will always get his, last game it was Reid and West, tonight it's Mullins and Page.
 

Deeringfish

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2008
21,811
1,745
63
Page being this good offensively was not on my list. Wow.

Having a team this deep is going to help with consistency. Someone has to get hot every night. Nick will always get his, last game it was Reid and West, tonight it's Mullins and Page.
I guess I had read that he was pretty well rounded offensively with a good 3pt stroke and high % from the line.
My worry, without evidence, was "Is there something behind the scene that kept him off the court; bad attitude or lack of hustle or no good in the locker room." he seems to be doing great and I haven't seen any lack of hustle, in fact he is pretty fast coming down the court.
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,339
1,416
62
Defense slipping a little this half, but love seeing Mullens break out tonight
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun hypes up 'best stadium in football' ahead of new Ryan Field opener
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Recruit Roundup: Buirley leads Big Walnut to win in OT thriller, Cason snags pick six
  3. 03 Wildcat Report The 3-2-1 after Northwestern's loss to Indiana
  4. 04 On3 Football Top 10 games for Week 5 of the college football season
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Indiana PFF Snap Counts Analysis