Gable is back in college

BriantheLion

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2023
1,714
2,422
113
Oh, c'mon. I get it. But it's incredibly relevant news to this board and many in the college wrestling community care.
I, for one, will admit to feeling relief that he will not be wrestling for a rival college team, and likely blocking Kerk’s path to another championship…

…and frankly I’m now intrigued to see how he does at football…presumably on the defensive line.
 

GregPickel

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Jul 25, 2021
48,983
107,891
113
I, for one, will admit to feeling relief that he will not be wrestling for a rival college team, and likely blocking Kerk’s path to another championship…

…and frankly I’m now intrigued to see how he does at football…presumably on the defensive line.
He’s a freak athlete but man, that’s an enormous jump. Will be interesting to follow at least.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BriantheLion

manatree

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,525
6,346
113
He’s a freak athlete but man, that’s an enormous jump. Will be interesting to follow at least.
Does anyone know the last time he actually played football? It’s not just athletic ability, but a lot of skills & techniques that the pros & upper college level players work on a lot. I always laugh at the talking heads when they mention skilled vs non-skilled positions. I would argue that at the DI and pro level, there are NO unskilled players.
 
Last edited:

lionlover

All-American
Jul 8, 2001
3,660
7,217
113
Does anyone know the last time he actually played football? It’s not just athletic ability, but a lot of skills & techniques that the pros & upper college level players work on a lot. I always laugh at the talking heads when they mention skilled vs non-skilled positions. I would argue that at the DI and pro level, there are NO unskilled players.
Football Family GIF by Max
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting New name emerges at receiver ahead of Penn State White Out visit
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State Mailbag: How bad can this thing get?
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State's Offense Is Running Out of Answers | Northwestern Film Recap, USC Preview
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State's Rocco Becht Has a Confidence Problem That's Impossible to Ignore