Fun Rivalry Trophies

Tbent92

Redshirt
Aug 7, 2025
15
5
3
Covered my 2nd Battle of Howard County aka "The Howie" As St. Paul blanks Centura 21-0 to retain the Howie for the forseeable future while Centura is at 8 man. Are there any other fun rivalry trophies throughout the State? Here is the Howie
 

Attachments

  • 20251017_170132.jpg
    20251017_170132.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • Like
Reactions: Alum-Ni

ghostert6

Redshirt
Aug 8, 2025
15
5
3
I've seen an oar in the Cedar Catholic trophy case. I think Crofton and Cedar used to play for that in what I believe was called "the war for the oar." The don't play in football any more because Cedar is 11 man and Crofton in 8 man. Perhaps someone on here could provide a more detailed account of that rivalry.
 

Alum-Ni

Heisman
Aug 29, 2004
48,139
46,003
113
I've seen an oar in the Cedar Catholic trophy case. I think Crofton and Cedar used to play for that in what I believe was called "the war for the oar." The don't play in football any more because Cedar is 11 man and Crofton in 8 man. Perhaps someone on here could provide a more detailed account of that rivalry.
Pierce and Norfolk Catholic used to play for a bucket that was painted half red and half blue....and included the score of each year's game. Now the two don't play annually. I also think the "bucket" was the brain-child of a local radio station.

Lincoln Christian and Lincoln Lutheran play for the Spirit Sword.


1761329037057.jpeg
 

ghostert6

Redshirt
Aug 8, 2025
15
5
3
From the early 50's to the early 60's O'Neill High and Neligh played for a traveling trophy that was sponsored by the Frontier newspaper in O'Neill and the Neligh News. If one team won three years in a row they got to keep the trophy then the other newspaper had to provide a new trophy. I think I still have the remains of one of those trophies somewhere in storage!
 
Huskerland Preps

Latest

  1. 01 Huskerland Preps Huskerland Bob's Saturday Morning Quarterback
  2. 02 Huskerland Preps Making the Most of His Opportunities: Jake Brock, Creighton Prep
  3. 03 Huskerland Preps Bergan at Bishop Neumann Another Great Pairing of Unbeatens
  4. 04 Huskerland Preps Another Class B Slugfest Features Gretna High at Waverly
  5. 05 Huskerland Preps Football Friday No. 6 Yields Small School Battles of Unbeatens