Fran Dunphy throws shade at Pen St

hbbsm713_rivals

All-Conference
Apr 13, 2004
6,646
1,128
0
RU is about an hour from Philly.

Pen St is around 3 hours away.

Why do Philly area folk focus so much on Pen St and not RU?

I would never think people in Philly would root or be more interested in Rutgers over psu. They’re both in Pennsylvania and I would expect Philly to cover in-state teams a lot more. My bigger issue is actually the lack of Rutgers coverage in South Jersey. I’m from down there and before I went to Rutgers, I wasn’t as big into college sports as I am now and casually cheered for psu (makes me sick now thinking that) and other Philly schools because they were on tv and Rutgers never was. We have a hard enough time with North Jersey, but South Jersey may as well be another state with how disconnected they are with Rutgers.
 
May 11, 2010
72,487
56,952
0
I would never think people in Philly would root or be more interested in Rutgers over psu. They’re both in Pennsylvania and I would expect Philly to cover in-state teams a lot more. My bigger issue is actually the lack of Rutgers coverage in South Jersey. I’m from down there and before I went to Rutgers, I wasn’t as big into college sports as I am now and casually cheered for psu (makes me sick now thinking that) and other Philly schools because they were on tv and Rutgers never was. We have a hard enough time with North Jersey, but South Jersey may as well be another state with how disconnected they are with Rutgers.

So 3 hours away is easier and better than 1 hour?
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Football Hope or fool's gold? Curt Cignetti explains how Rutgers can replicate national champs
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Postgame Show: Indiana Hoosiers Edition - TKR Pod
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano's Indiana Postgame Press Conference
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football crushed by defending NCAA champ No. 6 Indiana