Former TU guard Chris Wallace

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,784
13,986
113
I liked Wallace but he was a turnover machine.
He's been an assistant at BA for several years now. Hopefully he can turn Sapulpa around.

As for his playing time at TU, he was the recruit that made me realize Phillips had no business being a D1 head coach. He had no idea what it took to be a great D1 player. Wallace was, at best a D2 player. Not saying he wasn't a good kid who worked hard at TU.
 

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,252
16,424
113
Well, the first recruit was Trevor Meier. Then came

Anthony Price
Seneca Collins
Chris Wallace
Aliou Keita

Teichmann
Kenneth Kelley
Ramsdell
Cardwell

Deion James
Brett McDade
Oswaldo Gonzales
Vernell Davis
 
  • Like
Reactions: TUMU and Gmoney4WW

Henry Kendall

Heisman
Dec 3, 2003
9,112
10,008
43
Only Brett McDade out of that whole list could play. That is some pretty bad recruiting.
 

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,252
16,424
113
Anthony Price?
We don't have anyone on our roster that has the nice post moves of Anthony Price. Gladly we don't have anyone who shoots free throws worse. That was about a 5% recruiting success rate from the staff. People occasionally ask whether our downfall was coaching or recruiting. Well.....it was obviously recruiting.....but that was done by the coaches.
 

nevadanatural

All-American
Dec 3, 2003
13,463
7,960
113
Well, the first recruit was Trevor Meier. Then came

Anthony Price
Seneca Collins
Chris Wallace
Aliou Keita

Teichmann
Kenneth Kelley
Ramsdell
Cardwell

Deion James
Brett McDade
Oswaldo Gonzales
Vernell Davis
I would be happy to have Price, Ramsdell and McDade on this team. Even Collins but after losing a few pounds.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TU_BLA and TUMU

dougheffking

All-Conference
Apr 6, 2022
1,332
1,058
0
We don't have anyone on our roster that has the nice post moves of Anthony Price. Gladly we don't have anyone who shoots free throws worse. That was about a 5% recruiting success rate from the staff. People occasionally ask whether our downfall was coaching or recruiting. Well.....it was obviously recruiting.....but that was done by the coaches.
Price was also an absolute cone on defense..
 

'Cane-man

All-Conference
Mar 10, 2002
4,712
3,193
113
Well, the first recruit was Trevor Meier. Then came

Anthony Price
Seneca Collins
Chris Wallace
Aliou Keita

Teichmann
Kenneth Kelley
Ramsdell
Cardwell

Deion James
Brett McDade
Oswaldo Gonzales
Vernell Davis
I can't believe we couldn't "bake a cake" with those recruits.
 

TUcandoit

All-Conference
Sep 17, 2011
1,970
1,850
113
I was thinking Ramsdell was good but when I looked him up it was the tall white I was thinking of....who was that other tall white guy with shaggy hair at one point. Had a sister who played like volleyball or something.
 

Tulsafanzz

All-Conference
Apr 21, 2006
6,974
4,620
113
I was thinking Ramsdell was good but when I looked him up it was the tall white I was thinking of....who was that other tall white guy with shaggy hair at one point. Had a sister who played like volleyball or something.
Steven Idlet. I remember hearing he looked great in summer scrimmages, but he never became what we hoped for. He was 6’11”, but he never filled out. He was a slender jump shooter. IIRC, his sister was also very tall and did play more inside for the women’s team.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TUcandoit

nevadanatural

All-American
Dec 3, 2003
13,463
7,960
113
We had a C/PF who had to quit playing for medical reasons, heart I think, right after Manning took over who could have been a really good player. I just thought of the name, Kodi Maduka.
 

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,252
16,424
113
We had a C/PF who had to quit playing for medical reasons, heart I think, right after Manning took over who could have been a really good player. I just thought of the name, Kodi Maduka.
Kodi was a great shot blocker and would have been an immediate starter for Manning.
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Navy: Can the Hurricane get its season back on track?
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa Football is putting a premium on speed
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Injury may have made Baylor Hayes a better quarterback
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa must bounce back quickly to stay in conference race
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa Football searching for answers after second straight loss