Former TU Assistants linked to OU opening

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,770
13,981
113
So Pooh Williamson and David Cason are being considered for the open assistant position at OU after one of their assistants joined Eric Musselman in Arkansas.

It would gut me to see Pooh on OU's bench. Cason, I don't really care. But I would have loved to see either of them back here at TU. It would also put OU in consideration for Bryce I believe. I think Pooh's long standing relationship with Rod helps there. Cason...well we all know what he is capable of in the recruiting game.
 

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,249
16,422
113
Pooh may soon set a record for assistant positions at the most schools in the NCAA. .

A couple of times he has been “left behind “ when his head coach got a better job. I don’t know if he has ever gotten a head coaching offer since he coached here. He was left trying to catch a falling knife at that point at TU. Not a better person except he and Rod may be tied for this honor. I wish him the best except when he recruits against Shea and Kwanza.
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa leaves Arkansas with plenty to fix before North Texas
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa offense sputters in loss at Arkansas
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 4 updates at Texas, Ole Miss, Florida & more
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Arkansas: History, Rivalry and Bad Blood