First Preseason

sheyduke

All-American
Apr 13, 2010
14,153
9,692
108
I look for the freshman to get a lot of run in this game .

I read that Cam is battling an illness as well so he’s iffy for tomorrow.

I think this team is ready to play an opponent and I could see Rippey and Howard getting a lot of burn .
 

JustAfanatic

All-Conference
Dec 9, 2007
951
1,036
48
 

The Only Blue

All-American
Nov 10, 2021
3,953
5,562
81
If anyone had any doubt about Boom Boom, he's the real deal. Blackwell looked so calm out there and Sarr was aggressive and there most important part about him was he made his free throws. Rip will be hard to keep off the floor with his defensive pressure and athleticism. The extra year really really helped Wilkins.
 

sheyduke

All-American
Apr 13, 2010
14,153
9,692
108
The offense was shaky to start . Defense looked good . Switching 1-5 is going to be very easy for this team in terms of guarding the opponents. Sarr is going to spend a lot of time on the free throw line this season. He’s not settling he’s attacking with a purpose .
Going to be a fun season .
 

dukesince91

All-American
Mar 16, 2012
3,718
6,701
98
I was very impressed with our defense and like someone said, BOOM BOOM is the real deal. I didn’t realize CBass was that athletic. No one ever talks about him, but he will provide energy coming off the bench.
 

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,990
14,022
107
On paper, this is a deep and talented squad. It's quite possible that someone different leads the team in scoring each game, and a team where 4-5 average at least 12 a game. Also a team where multiple guys can start, but won't, and possibly no one plays more than 30 minutes a game.

If Jon can manage the egos, and keep everyone bought in, we might have a serious chance to cut the nets down in April.
 

duke0527

All-American
Jan 5, 2005
5,545
7,672
113
Love seeing Wilkins contribute. Like what I’m seeing from him. JBB my lord that guy is talented. I don’t see how they don’t just overwhelm 99% of the teams they play with their depth, size and athleticism.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football Football preview: Duke at Georgia Tech
  2. 02 Devils Illustrated Basketball Blue Devils roll in first test against opposing team
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Basketball Live coverage: Belmont at Duke
  4. 04 Devils Illustrated Basketball Scrimmage preview: Belmont at Duke
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Across the Beat: Getting to know Georgia Tech