First-half thread for Wisconsin vs. NU

olsh

Junior
Oct 6, 2001
3,575
214
63
and it actually means little.
When you say it "means little" ... in reference to what?
In terms of our NCAA Tournament positioning / seeding ... then I'd agree.
BUT
I don't like disrespecting our players by saying the opportunity to play for a conference tournament title means little. It means a lot. Our last conference title of any sort was 84 years ago.
 

willycat

Junior
Jan 11, 2005
21,448
318
0
When you say it "means little" ... in reference to what?
In terms of our NCAA Tournament positioning / seeding ... then I'd agree.
BUT
I don't like disrespecting our players by saying the opportunity to play for a conference tournament title means little. It means a lot. Our last conference title of any sort was 84 years ago.
ok, it means a lotto the tv networks, the schools and their coaches and administrators. no disrespect for the kids who have to play consecutive games, with little rest but a lot of disrespect to the adults.
 

olsh

Junior
Oct 6, 2001
3,575
214
63
ok, it means a lotto the tv networks, the schools and their coaches and administrators. no disrespect for the kids who have to play consecutive games, with little rest but a lot of disrespect to the adults.
I'm good with that.
Just wanted to clarify.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Penn State
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Boyd, Devany, Carper and more: Where California's top 2028 QBs stand right now
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Indiana PFF Grades Analysis
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Battered Northwestern secondary looks to bounce back vs. Penn State
  5. 05 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 5