First-half thread for NU vs. Maryland

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,402
1,463
62
OK... line is playing well on first two drives but now its on our WRs. They appear to be getting no separation. Either that or Clayton just doesn't know how to throw to a spot on the field where the WR is heading. I can't tell on TV.
 

Jonny2TheP

Senior
Dec 11, 2007
8,686
577
87
If we can’t score on this trash Maryland defense, our offense has even bigger issues than we thought.
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,402
1,463
62
Clayton is just shell shocked. He has no confidence. He hasn't made throws this bad his entire career.
 

stpaulcat

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
35,486
1,008
113
Somewhat different look in offensive play calling, but same result. Zip.
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,402
1,463
62
Somewhat different look in offensive play calling, but same result. Zip.
It may be coaching, but I also just think its lack of talent. We can't open holes for JJ and we have no WRs with any athleticism.
 

iskaboo

Sophomore
Aug 23, 2011
1,810
140
63
That kick would have been good from about 55 yards. Perhaps we have a placekicker!
 

BFDCat

Freshman
Aug 28, 2013
1,137
80
48
Thorson options are throw to a covered WR or throw it away, not an enviable choice. At least throwing to a covered WR sometimes gets some yards. Thorson is NOT the problem.
 

BleedPurple2009

Freshman
Sep 3, 2009
513
62
28
Ok. Time for Alviti before Clayton throws another pick. He had Cam open underneath and threw that last one right into coverage
 

NWFAN66

Redshirt
Nov 12, 2012
258
9
0
I guess the pick (to no wr) was cause no one was open. About tired of the not open excuse!! Oline doing a pretty good job today
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,402
1,463
62
What the hell is with the dumb penalties on special teams? That is just not like us at all.
 

BFDCat

Freshman
Aug 28, 2013
1,137
80
48
I guess the pick (to no wr) was cause no one was open. About tired of the not open excuse!! Oline doing a pretty good job today

I don't know for sure but it sure seems like a WR blew a route, he threw it there for some reason. But who knows. My opinion only of course but I still think it's on the WRs.
 

willycat

Junior
Jan 11, 2005
21,448
318
0
I don't know for sure but it sure seems like a WR blew a route, he threw it there for some reason. But who knows. My opinion only of course but I still think it's on the WRs.
How big is Green? Just asking. Thorson, snap the dam ball.
 

Windy City Cat Fan

Sophomore
May 29, 2001
4,894
184
0
I don't know for sure but it sure seems like a WR blew a route, he threw it there for some reason. But who knows. My opinion only of course but I still think it's on the WRs.
I'm with you - receivers are slow, no separation, not great hands either like Carr had.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Wildcats have plenty to work on past the box score in 45-14 win over Ball State
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Cats roll over Ball State, 45-14, in uninspiring rout
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  4. 04 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster