Firentz jerk press conference statement

Anteid

Sophomore
Dec 15, 2018
340
196
27
This. The visitors dress in a lacrosse locker room. Good. I don't want them to be comfortable. If it were up to me their locker room would be in a parking lot.

Meanwhile Iowa paints the visitors locker room pink. God some of you are idiots.
Listen that Locker room is big enough to hold any visiting team in the country, I have had a lot of visiting team coaches who have been in that locker rm tell me it’s one of the biggest one in the country when I work the games . Go take a good look at Michigan visiting locker room and you will see the difference .
 

hawkimatt

All-American
Iowa Swarm member
Oct 18, 2001
3,525
9,427
113
Listen that Locker room is big enough to hold any visiting team in the country, I have had a lot of visiting team coaches who have been in that locker rm tell me it’s one of the biggest one in the country when I work the games . Go take a good look at Michigan visiting locker room and you will see the difference .
Ferentz was being kind. Your facilities are not conducive to bringing a major college football team and their 10,000# of gear in and out in an efficient manner. Everything gets brought in at one level but has to be hauled manually down to another, then back up and out the way it came in. Adds an hour on either end to the process. If it was designed to make your opponents uncomfortable for a competitive advantage, then I’d applaud the mad genius behind the design. As it is, I think it’s just not well thought out.
 

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,019
16,812
113
Ferentz was being kind. Your facilities are not conducive to bringing a major college football team and their 10,000# of gear in and out in an efficient manner. Everything gets brought in at one level but has to be hauled manually down to another, then back up and out the way it came in. Adds an hour on either end to the process. If it was designed to make your opponents uncomfortable for a competitive advantage, then I’d applaud the mad genius behind the design. As it is, I think it’s just not well thought out.
many problems visiting teams face are put in place for the home team's benefit.
That's one reason the saying home field advantage is used.
Some should stop whining about how visiting teams find minor obstacles in their path.
 

hawkimatt

All-American
Iowa Swarm member
Oct 18, 2001
3,525
9,427
113
many problems visiting teams face are put in place for the home team's benefit.
That's one reason the saying home field advantage is used.
Some should stop whining about how visiting teams find minor obstacles in their path.
I’m not whining. Said obstacles clearly aren’t working, so no skin off my nose. The Iowa equipment staff had good reason to complain, though.
 

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,019
16,812
113
I’m not whining. Said obstacles clearly aren’t working, so no skin off my nose. The Iowa equipment staff had good reason to complain, though.
take the win and look on it as the home field advantage was overcome.
Your team left SHI in the "pink"😉
 

LETSGORU91

All-American
Jan 29, 2017
7,121
7,867
113
Ferentz was being kind. Your facilities are not conducive to bringing a major college football team and their 10,000# of gear in and out in an efficient manner. Everything gets brought in at one level but has to be hauled manually down to another, then back up and out the way it came in. Adds an hour on either end to the process. If it was designed to make your opponents uncomfortable for a competitive advantage, then I’d applaud the mad genius behind the design. As it is, I think it’s just not well thought out.
You are upset the Iowa equipment staff has to move equipment? Isn't that their job?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113

wheezer

Heisman
Jun 3, 2001
169,958
25,698
113
Fools. You have the best home court advantage in the BIG.

Incredible venue. Old school.
I agree
Maybe just dress it up a bit without having
to shut down a year
If you could add one or two thousand seats
In an off season, again without affecting the existing seats, maybe that also

but keep it the pressure cooker it is
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: hawkit3113

hawkit3113

Heisman
Apr 14, 2011
51,872
61,358
0
I agree
Maybe just dress it up a bit without having
to shut down a year
If you could aor two thousand seats
In an off season, again without affecting the existing seats, maybe that also

but keep it the pressure cooker it is


Holy **** it's a pressure cooker, lol. Great way to describe it.

Just a great venue and the time it represents. I have played alot of basketball, and played in a gym just like that.

It reminds me of our football stadium. Very intimate.
 

hawkit3113

Heisman
Apr 14, 2011
51,872
61,358
0
I agree
Maybe just dress it up a bit without having
to shut down a year
If you could aor two thousand seats
In an off season, again without affecting the existing seats, maybe that also

but keep it the pressure cooker it is


Btw, I read your BOR is giving all this money to NJST or something?

Are they stupid?
 

Knight Shift

Heisman
May 19, 2011
91,034
89,182
113
Ferentz was being kind. Your facilities are not conducive to bringing a major college football team and their 10,000# of gear in and out in an efficient manner. Everything gets brought in at one level but has to be hauled manually down to another, then back up and out the way it came in. Adds an hour on either end to the process. If it was designed to make your opponents uncomfortable for a competitive advantage, then I’d applaud the mad genius behind the design. As it is, I think it’s just not well thought out.
You must not be familiar with the RU screw or the saying Rutgers gonna Rutgers. It was probably extremely well thought out, and not with any competitive advantage in mind. Rutgers just has a way of Rutgersing up things. All this thread over one over sensitive poster on our side. I thought nothing of your coach's comment. Good luck the rest of the season with your cozy schedule. We have a gauntlet coming up.
 

PSAL_Hoops

Heisman
Feb 18, 2008
14,243
13,564
78
I can’t believe this thread is still going. Like many teams, we stick opponents in a dungeon-like space for the presser. The Iowa coach made a sarcastic and likely good natured joke about it to the media guys. Big deal.
 

Knight Shift

Heisman
May 19, 2011
91,034
89,182
113
I can’t believe this thread is still going. Like many teams, we stick opponents in a dungeon-like space for the presser. The Iowa coach made a sarcastic and likely good natured joke about it to the media guys. Big deal.
I always thought "cozy" was a compliment of sorts.
 

PSU_Nut_rivals17625

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
14,642
2,610
113
He was definitely referring to the small visitor locker room. Relax. Iowa paints theirs pink. South Carolina had no AC in theirs so Georgia bought huge AC trucks and boarded up the door and cut holes in the wood pumping in big tubes of cold air, was on college gameday. This is actually something we do right, knowing RU athletic department wouldn’t have been surprised if the visitor locker room had crystal chandeliers and caviar
Penn State’s may be the worst. No ac tiny and so outdated. Most teams bring tarps to hang to dress behind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: banhammer1

Pete in LA

Freshman
Mar 5, 2010
5,367
72
0
What is interesting about Kinnick is that though the visitors locker room is pink, it's actually very large and well-appointed. Nicer than some home locker rooms around college football:




Hey Torbes,

if you happen to see this. You should tell your buddies to un-ban me from the Hawk board. I'm still here, this is my new home. They said I was a Russian bot even though Ive been talking about Hawk football and the "Quads" literally since 2010. Of course I could have been inserted into a obscure American college sports forum in a deep cover op to emerge 11 years later to question the effectiveness of the US getting into a kinetic conflict with a nuclear power.

 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Football College Football 27 Sim - Rutgers Football versus Indiana Hoosiers
  2. 02 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game
  4. 04 The Knight Report Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
  5. 05 On3 Football College Football Hot Seat: USA Today identifies coaches facing mounting pressure