Fire Greg Schiano after the game

M.Sherrane

Freshman
Sep 10, 2026
58
59
18
I am an example of where RU went wrong. I had 6 season tickets during Schiano ver.1 and reduced it to 4 when Kyle Flood was promoted(could not understand how a coach who was demoted could be named the HC). Then after the second year of Flood I gave up my 4 tickets but I still followed the team on TV. That all came to an end during the Ash (Mr. tire tug of war) error and I have not watched a full game since. Schiano has been a poor band aid.

Schiano is a good person but an awful, awful game day coach (always has been). He is missing a screw somewhere. On the sidelines he just looks like he is in an alternate universe and not connected to the flow of the game. I guarantee he will have at least one more off the wall decision that will have, not only RU fans scratching their heads, but will have the national media laughing at RU.

Now if RU doesn't straighten out the ship (by firing GS and getting the new hire right) there is a possibility of RU getting thrown out of the Big Ten because RU is no longer bringing eyeballs to the party.

While I don't believe a full-time member of a conference has ever been removed in FBS, I can see this happening if the Protect College Sports Act (or something similar) passes Congress that limits the number of programs per conference. We may begin to see teams getting removed from conferences is pursuit of the almighty dollar.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: redking

yesrutgers01

Heisman
Nov 9, 2008
122,818
38,642
113
GS 2.0 has officially put me into the same mindset as Ash's final year. I have no problem doing anything else on a Saturday and if I don't get to watch the game, it does not bother me at all. Back in the Ash days, I would record each game with intent to watch it Sat night or Sunday morning and almost always deleted before watching. With this team- doing the same exact thing.

And I am sure I am not the only one. BTW - Why does it seem weird to me that in a game you lose by 30 points, you passed the ball only 20 times.
 

RedTeamUpstream94

All-American
Jan 15, 2021
3,501
6,562
113
GS 2.0 has officially put me into the same mindset as Ash's final year. I have no problem doing anything else on a Saturday and if I don't get to watch the game, it does not bother me at all. Back in the Ash days, I would record each game with intent to watch it Sat night or Sunday morning and almost always deleted before watching. With this team- doing the same exact thing.

And I am sure I am not the only one. BTW - Why does it seem weird to me that in a game you lose by 30 points, you passed the ball only 20 times.
I’ve been in record and watch later mode since the diving touchdown in the first quarter of the UMass game. I knew the season was gonna be a disaster in that very moment
 

Turtle31

Junior
Mar 2, 2003
907
224
25
I am an example of where RU went wrong. I had 6 season tickets during Schiano ver.1 and reduced it to 4 when Kyle Flood was promoted(could not understand how a coach who was demoted could be named the HC). Then after the second year of Flood I gave up my 4 tickets but I still followed the team on TV. That all came to an end during the Ash (Mr. tire tug of war) error and I have not watched a full game since. Schiano has been a poor band aid.

Schiano is a good person but an awful, awful game day coach (always has been). He is missing a screw somewhere. On the sidelines he just looks like he is in an alternate universe and not connected to the flow of the game. I guarantee he will have at least one more off the wall decision that will have, not only RU fans scratching their heads, but will have the national media laughing at RU.

Now if RU doesn't straighten out the ship (by firing GS and getting the new hire right) there is a possibility of RU getting thrown out of the Big Ten because RU is no longer bringing eyeballs to the party.
This mirrors my situation except that I had those 6 season tickets for many years prior to Greg 1.0.
I switched over to wrestling and never looked back.
 

RUAldo

All-Conference
Sep 11, 2008
5,334
3,863
113
Time for Zinn to deliver a message. Fire all of Schiano’s sons and anyone else that doesn’t have a job description. Force Greg to the negotiating table or in a dream world he gets so twisted about it that he resigns.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ScarletDave

Shelby65

All-Conference
Apr 1, 2008
8,679
4,839
66
GS 2.0 has officially put me into the same mindset as Ash's final year. I have no problem doing anything else on a Saturday and if I don't get to watch the game, it does not bother me at all. Back in the Ash days, I would record each game with intent to watch it Sat night or Sunday morning and almost always deleted before watching. With this team- doing the same exact thing.

And I am sure I am not the only one. BTW - Why does it seem weird to me that in a game you lose by 30 points, you passed the ball only 20 times.
You know why. Because the objective was never to compete. It was to shorten the game and lose by less. Today The Grifter is proud of himself for what he sees as a moral victory, losing by less than 50.

And the backup QB playing most of the game him cover to do that, in his grifting mind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: drewbagel423

RUboston

All-American
Sep 13, 2002
6,400
9,807
78
What is most disturbing about what’s happening is GS is 60 years old, he has been coaching as an assistant or a head coach for probably 35 years (head coach at RU for 18 years, NFL head coach, DC at Ohio State, etc.). He should be at the top of his game.

Did he coach this team through spring practice and summer camp and think “We’re ready to go!”
 
Last edited:

koleszar

Heisman
Jan 1, 2010
37,982
60,036
113
Now if RU doesn't straighten out the ship (by firing GS and getting the new hire right) there is a possibility of RU getting thrown out of the Big Ten because RU is no longer brinng eyeballs to the party.
OK I know we're all pissed and I was there last night leaving at 30-0, but this is silly talk. No one's getting kicked out. If they didn't kick out Northwestern when they went 13-96-1 during a 10 yr. span they're not kicking anyone out.
While I don't believe a full-time member of a conference has ever been removed in FBS, I can see this happening if the Protect College Sports Act (or something similar) passes Congress that limits the number of programs per conference. We may begin to see teams getting removed from conferences is pursuit of the almighty dollar.
Only team I can think of is Temple. But that was a completely different conversation. Temple was taking the Big East money and not reinvesting back into athletics. They were warned and continued on their path leading to their expulsion.

B1G and SEC have no desire to go to 20 teams because of money (unless of course ND wants to join). The Networks would then be cannibalizing themselves and not be able to pay more. They'd be pitting even more live content that they own against each other. The move out west was feasible because you opened up new time slots. There are only so many time slots and you can't make up more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: drewbagel423

Caliknight

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2001
197,970
150,414
113
GS 2.0 has officially put me into the same mindset as Ash's final year. I have no problem doing anything else on a Saturday and if I don't get to watch the game, it does not bother me at all. Back in the Ash days, I would record each game with intent to watch it Sat night or Sunday morning and almost always deleted before watching. With this team- doing the same exact thing.

And I am sure I am not the only one. BTW - Why does it seem weird to me that in a game you lose by 30 points, you passed the ball only 20 times.
Passing stops the clock. Greggo wanted that game over asap. I was in NB at 3:00PM yesterday. It’s gotten so bad I was happier leaving before the game started. It’s that bad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: drewbagel423

tico brown

Heisman
Oct 16, 2005
44,673
14,759
93
You guys are hilarious. You think there’s “magic money” that will appear to buy him out??? This blowout surprises you? You think getting beat by Indiana is the nail in the coffin???? Get outta here… the time to fire him was 0-3. She didn’t. She won’t. There’s no money. Period.
If this is true then Rutgers have no business being in the Big 10 and should be in Conference USA or the Sun Belt, where their financial situations are compatible.
 

tico brown

Heisman
Oct 16, 2005
44,673
14,759
93
What is most disturbing about what’s happening is GS is 60 years old, he has been coaching as an assistant or a head coach for probably 35 years (head coach at RU for 18 years, NFL head coach, DC at Ohio State, etc.). He should be at the top of his game.

Did he coach this team through spring practice and summer camp and think “We’re ready to go!”
Rutgers admin and fanbase fault for allowing a 18 year HC with 8 winning seasons, only one with 10+ wins, to have so much power over a million/ billion dollar program.

And if someone brings up a coach like Bill Snyder, he had winning seasons 18/27 seasons, with 2 conference championships while going to 4 more conference finals. Even earned 3… THREE BCS Bowl games. And the state of Kansas is not a recruiting state like Jersey is.
 

rutgersguy2

All-Conference
Jul 9, 2025
4,348
2,186
112
If he’s not fired today they won’t u til end of season
Today or tomorrow would be the logical time if it was going to be early in season. If not now then yea probably towards the end or just after the season or maybe if/when loss #7 happens, if the metric is improvement over last year.

Maryland didn't fire Locksley after 54-3 loss to UCLA last week and haven't as of yet this morning after another loss against Nebraska.

Wonder if everyone is scared to be the first lol.
 

RUChet

All-Conference
Apr 8, 2023
2,971
3,727
113
Today or tomorrow would be the logical time if it was going to be early in season. If not now then yea probably towards the end or just after the season or maybe if/when loss #7 happens, if the metric is improvement over last year.

Maryland didn't fire Locksley after 54-3 loss to UCLA last week and haven't as of yet this morning after another loss against Nebraska.

Wonder if everyone is scared to be the first lol.
If Zinn is going to fire do it today as every day matters for the new coach to step in

My guess is she will do nothing until end of season
 

yesrutgers01

Heisman
Nov 9, 2008
122,818
38,642
113
Why do we have posters here that love to give us all the warning about getting kicked out of the B1G? You all must either be trolling or just, I really don’t know a nice way to say it, so I won’t.
Even if we continue in our bad to middle seasons- you all do realize we meet all requirements and in a conference like the B1G where you get mult teams in the playoffs every year as well as the top elite teams that are highly ranked every year- there are going to be tge teams they beat and they are ok with that
 

Caliknight

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2001
197,970
150,414
113
Today or tomorrow would be the logical time if it was going to be early in season. If not now then yea probably towards the end or just after the season or maybe if/when loss #7 happens, if the metric is improvement over last year.

Maryland didn't fire Locksley after 54-3 loss to UCLA last week and haven't as of yet this morning after another loss against Nebraska.

Wonder if everyone is scared to be the first lol.
Bye weeks are the best time. If it’s happening, it’s today or tomorrow or he’s playing out the string.
 

Caliknight

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2001
197,970
150,414
113
Why do we have posters here that love to give us all the warning about getting kicked out of the B1G? You all must either be trolling or just, I really don’t know a nice way to say it, so I won’t.
Even if we continue in our bad to middle seasons- you all do realize we meet all requirements and in a conference like the B1G where you get mult teams in the playoffs every year as well as the top elite teams that are highly ranked every year- there are going to be tge teams they beat and they are ok with that
We aren’t nor were ever in the B1G because of our incredible football program. Losing means nothing in relation. Every conference has a doormat. What the other doormats don’t have is the number 1 DMA.
 

RUChet

All-Conference
Apr 8, 2023
2,971
3,727
113
Why do we have posters here that love to give us all the warning about getting kicked out of the B1G? You all must either be trolling or just, I really don’t know a nice way to say it, so I won’t.
Even if we continue in our bad to middle seasons- you all do realize we meet all requirements and in a conference like the B1G where you get mult teams in the playoffs every year as well as the top elite teams that are highly ranked every year- there are going to be tge teams they beat and they are ok with that
That and NY metro TV sets. We aren’t going anywhere
 

drewbagel423

All-Conference
Oct 30, 2006
5,891
2,180
113
You guys are hilarious. You think there’s “magic money” that will appear to buy him out??? This blowout surprises you? You think getting beat by Indiana is the nail in the coffin???? Get outta here… the time to fire him was 0-3. She didn’t. She won’t. There’s no money. Period.
To be fair, after UMass
I posted it in the games thread, the tweets about it.




From my lip reading: "How the **** does that happen? For the second week in a row."
 

Mr. Magoo1

Heisman
Nov 15, 2001
15,583
16,506
113
If Zinn is going to fire do it today as every day matters for the new coach to step in

My guess is she will do nothing until end of season
I agree. My guess is that she’s more of the same. Don’t make any waves and make a break for it when everyone catches on. At Rutgers, that’s years.
 

bigmatt718

Heisman
Mar 11, 2013
16,401
23,360
113
Why do we have posters here that love to give us all the warning about getting kicked out of the B1G? You all must either be trolling or just, I really don’t know a nice way to say it, so I won’t.
Even if we continue in our bad to middle seasons- you all do realize we meet all requirements and in a conference like the B1G where you get mult teams in the playoffs every year as well as the top elite teams that are highly ranked every year- there are going to be tge teams they beat and they are ok with that
Because the admin does not police the board and reprimand constant offenders of that with timeouts, suspensions, bannings, etc.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Football PFF Grades + Snap Counts versus Indiana
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football Hope or fool's gold? Curt Cignetti explains how Rutgers can replicate national champs
  4. 04 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Postgame Show: Indiana Hoosiers Edition - TKR Pod