FC/OT: Snyder looking to sell Commanders?

PSUFTG

All-Conference
Nov 1, 2021
2,641
3,870
113
Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest for an owner of a media content provider to also own a team, especially when broadcast contracts are being decided? Maybe it doesn't work the way I think. I'm sure Grim Reaper will clue me in.
There have been many pro sports owners with interests in media companies - including newspapers

(If Bezos sells the Washington Post, it will likely be because A) It is a lousy business, B) He needs to free up some cash to buy the Redskins, and C) He has already accomplished the goal for which he bought the Post.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bison13

Bison13

All-American
May 26, 2013
3,760
6,268
113
The posts sports coverage is worse than their regular news coverage so I don’t think it matters if bezos owns both
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,638
5,442
113
Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest for an owner of a media content provider to also own a team, especially when broadcast contracts are being decided? Maybe it doesn't work the way I think. I'm sure Grim Reaper will clue me in.
No issues there at all. Actual media conglomerates (Rogers, Comcast, etc.) have owned sports teams. Ted Turner owned the Braves. It's fairly common.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

throw2oj

Junior
Oct 12, 2021
226
268
63
I mean Snyder literally started Red Zebra to create a radio station that broadcast and covered Commanders games so I wouldn't think there'd be any conflict.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,767
21,487
113
Wow, this made my day. If this goes through, my family will be singing and dancing in the streets.

Banging Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Dancing In The Street Dance GIF by SIMONA

Bbc Dancing GIF by Waterloo Road
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: bbrown and LionJim

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,653
69,230
113
as an Eagles fan I do not approve this message

agreed.

And it's also annoying as a Sixers fan, as Harris owns the Sixers. It's easier to dislike an owner of an Eagles' competitor, but a tad tougher to do so when that individual also owns the Sixers. (He also owns the New Jersey Devils, a part of Crystal Palace F. C. (English Premier League).) I believe he also owns a minority stake in the Pittsburgh Steelers, which I presume he'd have to sell if he acquires the Commanders.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,561
22,735
113
agreed.

And it's also annoying as a Sixers fan, as Harris owns the Sixers. It's easier to dislike an owner of an Eagles' competitor, but a tad tougher to do so when that individual also owns the Sixers. (He also owns the New Jersey Devils, a part of Crystal Palace F. C. (English Premier League).) I believe he also owns a minority stake in the Pittsburgh Steelers, which I presume he'd have to sell if he acquires the Commanders.
You’d like this guy, Tom: he’s in with Harris

 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,561
22,735
113

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,525
37,718
113
Josh Harris and partners have bought WFT. A great day for Washington fans.



One day, you will look back at snyder’s ownership as WTF’s golden era, the same way Penn Staters will look back at Sandy and barren.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,561
22,735
113

Nitt1300

Heisman
Nov 2, 2008
7,781
14,656
113
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Georgia has Kemon Spell committed, Penn State, USC, Virginia Tech haven't stopped calling
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Who is key in helping the Nittany Lions turn it around at Northwestern?
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern Predictions: Will the Lions bounce back?
  4. 04 BWI Football Top Penn State player takes of the week: Why Rocco Becht expects the Lions to be a 'different team' at Northwestern
  5. 05 BWI Football Behind Enemy Lines: New Ryan Field, an improved offense and a big opportunity for Northwestern