FC/OT: New Heisman frontrunner?

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,817
21,296
113
Williams is out. Who's in contention? Can Michael Freakin' Penix be the guy?? Maybe Marvin Harrison Jr.? Seems fairly open at this point...


Not happening:

Football Heisman GIF by USC Trojans
 

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,813
21,592
113
Depends on how the season goes. If UW wins out then Penixcould be the front runner.

But that said I would not rule out Williams at this point. He brings USC down the stretch with impressive wins and comes back to defeat Uaw in the CCG then the recency effect takes over.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,817
21,296
113
Depends on how the season goes. If UW wins out then Penixcould be the front runner.

But that said I would not rule out Williams at this point. He brings USC down the stretch with impressive wins and comes back to defeat Uaw in the CCG then the recency effect takes over.

Still possible but not likely. I can see them losing again. They still have to play:

Utah
Washington
Oregon
UCLA
 

troutrus

All-Conference
Oct 7, 2021
868
1,203
93
Down here in Northern Carolina, the only name I hear being discussed is Drake Maye from UNC.
If they go undefeated, I believe his name moves up the list, as according to locals, ACC is the best conference in the nation. 🤣🤣
 

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,710
37,919
113
Come on, guys. This is a softball. The top Heisman contender is whichever QB plays PSU.
 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,817
21,296
113
Come on, guys. This is a softball. The top Heisman contender is whichever QB plays PSU.

I'm surprised you're not in the ICU after Penn State alum Wanda Bryant Hope, DEI Chief for Johnson & Johnson, was featured in Penn State spotlight commercials yesterday....

 
  • Like
Reactions: BobPSU92

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,710
37,919
113
I'm surprised you're not in the ICU after Penn State alum Wanda Bryant Hope, DEI Chief for Johnson & Johnson, was featured in Penn State spotlight commercials yesterday....


PSU has been running that commercial for a while. No joke, it’s a good look for PSU. DEI(B). o_O is a big deal now, and she’s a woman of color in a top DEI. o_O position at a very well-known company. PSU should promote it.

(What happened to me? o_O )
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tom_PSU

Bison13

All-American
May 26, 2013
3,777
6,320
113
I think Penix has been the favorite for a couple weeks. It’s going to be hard to keep him from being at the head of the class if he rises to the occasion against the other top teams in his league.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VaDave4PSU

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,813
21,592
113
I'm surprised you're not in the ICU after Penn State alum Wanda Bryant Hope, DEI Chief for Johnson & Johnson, was featured in Penn State spotlight commercials yesterday....

I have vague recollections of meeting her while at PSU. She actually seemed like a very nice and easygoing person.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BobPSU92

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,703
15,012
113
Williams is out. Who's in contention? Can Michael Freakin' Penix be the guy?? Maybe Marvin Harrison Jr.? Seems fairly open at this point...


Not happening:

Football Heisman GIF by USC Trojans
Williams is out. Hahahaa. Did you see usc schedule the next 5 weeks. Hardest in football. Williams just warming up!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnighter

Tom_PSU

All-Conference
Jul 1, 2018
1,207
3,766
113
PSU has been running that commercial for a while. No joke, it’s a good look for PSU. DEI(B). o_O is a big deal now, and she’s a woman of color in a top DEI. o_O position at a very well-known company. PSU should promote it.

(What happened to me? o_O )
You haven’t been the same since you saw that U of Chicago sweatshirt.
 

JakkL

Senior
Sep 19, 2001
414
508
73
I think its Maye. East coast tv bias will help. PAC12 games are after old Heisman voters bed time.
 

ApexLion

Heisman
Nov 1, 2021
6,480
10,986
113
Down here in Northern Carolina, the only name I hear being discussed is Drake Maye from UNC.
If they go undefeated, I believe his name moves up the list, as according to locals, ACC is the best conference in the nation. 🤣🤣
#mayeisthebestplayer
 

Jason1743

All-American
Jan 23, 2006
24,182
7,115
113
IF PSU were to go 15-0 and Allar doesn’t throw a single interception in those 15 games, the Heisman will reside in State College!

You heard it here first (and nowhere else HAHA)!
The Heisman is awarded this year on December 9. 13-0 is the best DA can do by that date.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football 8 things I think after Penn State falls to USC 31-23: On Matt Campbell's game day struggles, a disappointment, and more
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State Sunday situation: The Lions don't lack an identity; it's the same as their record: Mediocre, and teetering on worse
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State report card: Grading the Lions after their 31-23 loss to USC
  4. 04 BWI Football Everything Matt Campbell said after Penn State's third-straight loss
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State's latest loss underscores gap between progress and results