FC Auburn fires HC

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,597
14,885
113
It is amazing that it took this long
Just makes it more difficult for us to land a coach. FSU may need to keep Norvell at this point.
Nah but it does help norvell
And Sweeney.
Does it help Franklin to get Auburn instead of Va tech or Arkansas. Still tier 2 but it does help them get somewhat better than they are, maybe.
 

Bob78

All-Conference
Jul 5, 2001
1,936
4,581
113
He won’t last long though. They don’t like not beating ranked teams.
I agree. If he couldn't get over the Ohio State/Michigan/Oregon hump, the prospects of him getting over the Bama/Georgia/Texas/other SEC soup d'jour in a given season are not favorable, imo.
The SEC "other" hump consisting of A&M, Tennessee, Oklahoma could be a bridge too far. Certainly more daunting in just numbers than the next 3 or 4 in the B1G.
 

nittanymoops

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
821
1,426
93
Vince Lombardi would have difficulty at Auburn, with Tom Landry as OC and Chuck Noll as DC. When you have UGa and Bama as annual rivals and toss in the expanded SEC, it’s brutal.
 

RolexKong

Senior
Aug 15, 2025
661
565
93
Vince Lombardi would have difficulty at Auburn, with Tom Landry as OC and Chuck Noll as DC. When you have UGa and Bama as annual rivals and toss in the expanded SEC, it’s brutal.
Landry was a defensive coach so Lombardi would have had that working against him. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: SRURock24

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,597
14,885
113
I agree. If he couldn't get over the Ohio State/Michigan/Oregon hump, the prospects of him getting over the Bama/Georgia/Texas/other SEC soup d'jour in a given season are not favorable, imo.
The SEC "other" hump consisting of A&M, Tennessee, Oklahoma could be a bridge too far. Certainly more daunting in just numbers than the next 3 or 4 in the B1G.
And he wanted sec to have 9 conf games. Brutal!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bob78

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,528
4,162
113
I agree. If he couldn't get over the Ohio State/Michigan/Oregon hump, the prospects of him getting over the Bama/Georgia/Texas/other SEC soup d'jour in a given season are not favorable, imo.
The SEC "other" hump consisting of A&M, Tennessee, Oklahoma could be a bridge too far. Certainly more daunting in just numbers than the next 3 or 4 in the B1G.
The next Auburn coach has to play Georgia and Bama as yearly opponents. Franklin would just start the year 0-2.
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,203
30,684
113
How about South Carolina after Beamer takes the VT job?
Thats what I was thinking but apparently a few weeks ago, he shot that down and said USCe was his dream school. 🤷‍♂️
I see he's now fired his OC...Is this the craziest coaching season we've ever seen? I'm thinking it is. 🤪
 
  • Like
Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,720
21,140
113
Thats what I was thinking but apparently a few weeks ago, he shot that down and said USCe was his dream school. 🤷‍♂️
I see he's now fired his OC...Is this the craziest coaching season we've ever seen? I'm thinking it is. 🤪

In terms of sheer number of quality programs, yes. But Riley and Kelly leaving Oklahoma and ND sort of unprovoked shocked me more…
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mufasa94 and bbrown

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,528
4,162
113
Thats what I was thinking but apparently a few weeks ago, he shot that down and said USCe was his dream school. 🤷‍♂️
I see he's now fired his OC...Is this the craziest coaching season we've ever seen? I'm thinking it is. 🤪
It's only going to get worse. There's no more building a program or having bad years.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,200
3,142
113
Vince Lombardi would have difficulty at Auburn, with Tom Landry as OC and Chuck Noll as DC. When you have UGa and Bama as annual rivals and toss in the expanded SEC, it’s brutal.
Well Landry was a DC for the Giants before becoming the Cowboys head coach and is credited with inventing the 4-3 defense but I get your point.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nittanymoops
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 5 clash?
  2. 02 BWI Football Projecting Penn State's defensive travel roster and depth chart against Northwestern
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State 3-2-1: Lessons from Wisconsin, Rocco Becht, more
  4. 04 BWI Recruiting Penn State commit Stanley Montgomery returns from surgery: 'He hasn't lost a step'
  5. 05 BWI Football Projecting Penn State's offensive travel roster and depth chart against Northwestern