FB: Where are they now

seccats04

Heisman
Dec 6, 2004
14,719
24,081
113
I still can’t believe Stoops threw that bowl game by starting Destin at QB. I haven’t and won’t look up the stats because it was awful but I don’t feel like he completed more than three passes for about thirty yards. The last few years under Stoops was pathetic to watch. I’m a die hard so I couldn’t help myself.
 
Jun 11, 2012
15,781
16,770
113
I still can’t believe Stoops threw that bowl game by starting Destin at QB. I haven’t and won’t look up the stats because it was awful but I don’t feel like he completed more than three passes for about thirty yards. The last few years under Stoops was pathetic to watch. I’m a die hard so I couldn’t help myself.


He is s terrible college QB. He should have changed positions but I guess he's ok with playing down at that level.
 

Cats_2010

Heisman
Jan 8, 2010
11,970
20,579
103
I still can’t believe Stoops threw that bowl game by starting Destin at QB. I haven’t and won’t look up the stats because it was awful but I don’t feel like he completed more than three passes for about thirty yards. The last few years under Stoops was pathetic to watch. I’m a die hard so I couldn’t help myself.
What bowl game was that? Don’t even remember that for sone reason.
 

seccats04

Heisman
Dec 6, 2004
14,719
24,081
113
I still can’t believe Stoops threw that bowl game by starting Destin at QB. I haven’t and won’t look up the stats because it was awful but I don’t feel like he completed more than three passes for about thirty yards. The last few years under Stoops was pathetic to watch. I’m a die hard so I couldn’t help myself.
I should’ve added the reason he started Destin at QB is because Levis was sitting it out and the staff wanted to keep his brother Keaton happy. And the next year they transferred anyway. I felt bad for the fans that spent money to go to that game because there was nothing to cheer for.
 

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,811
87,659
113
I still can’t believe Stoops threw that bowl game by starting Destin at QB. I haven’t and won’t look up the stats because it was awful but I don’t feel like he completed more than three passes for about thirty yards. The last few years under Stoops was pathetic to watch. I’m a die hard so I couldn’t help myself.
Made his first career start at the end of the season against Iowa in the Music City Bowl ... Completed 16 of his 30 passes for 98 yards while adding 23 net rushing yards.

That is a Stoops QB line if I have ever seen one.
 

seccats04

Heisman
Dec 6, 2004
14,719
24,081
113
Made his first career start at the end of the season against Iowa in the Music City Bowl ... Completed 16 of his 30 passes for 98 yards while adding 23 net rushing yards.

That is a Stoops QB line if I have ever seen one.
Wow. I had no idea he completed that many passes. I mean it was less than a hundred yards so they were short, safe passes but that was a typical Stoops offense.

I felt like retro Jim Mora after watching that travesty of a game, “we couldn’t do diddly poo…”
 
  • Like
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*

Chadrock

All-Conference
Jul 12, 2004
3,123
2,168
103
Wow. I had no idea he completed that many passes. I mean it was less than a hundred yards so they were short, safe passes but that was a typical Stoops offense.

I felt like retro Jim Mora after watching that travesty of a game, “we couldn’t do diddly poo…”
Didn’t he throw 2 pick 6’s too?
 
  • Like
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*
Aug 23, 2024
3,129
6,704
113
Made his first career start at the end of the season against Iowa in the Music City Bowl ... Completed 16 of his 30 passes for 98 yards while adding 23 net rushing yards.

That is a Stoops QB line if I have ever seen one.
Levis did throw for 2406 yds and 19 TD's despite injury that season and 2827 yds and 24 td's the previous season. I don't think it was a matter of Stoop's holding Wade back so much as the fact that Wade was just not good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,811
87,659
113
Levis did throw for 2406 yds and 19 TD's despite injury that season and 2827 yds and 24 td's the previous season. I don't think it was a matter of Stoop's holding Wade back so much as the fact that Wade was just not good.
I don’t think he was good just saying the caliber QB he usually recruited especially if we had an injury or sit out.
 

seccats04

Heisman
Dec 6, 2004
14,719
24,081
113
Levis did throw for 2406 yds and 19 TD's despite injury that season and 2827 yds and 24 td's the previous season. I don't think it was a matter of Stoop's holding Wade back so much as the fact that Wade was just not good.
The only decent offenses under Stoops revolved around a sure fire draft pick at QB in Levis and a sure fire NFL RB in Snell. In fact, Stoops' offensive philosophy somehow made Shannon Dawson look incompetent, the OC who was in the national championship game last year.
 
Aug 23, 2024
3,129
6,704
113
The only decent offenses under Stoops revolved around a sure fire draft pick at QB in Levis and a sure fire NFL RB in Snell. In fact, Stoops' offensive philosophy somehow made Shannon Dawson look incompetent, the OC who was in the national championship game last year.
What SEC coaches have had a good offense without some high end talent? Levis and Snell were talented and awesome here but Benny was a 3 star prospect and Levis barely saw the field at Penn State. I think coaching deserves some credit for how they were utilized. I don't necessarily see it as if they were going have careers of that level no matter where they went and it is possible they could have had a hard getting anywhere near the same playing time at a number of other schools.

Dawson has an additional 10 years experience at this point and had a lot more talent to work with than when he was here. I will go ahead and acknowledge he had good offenses at WVU before coming here but the talent level he had there vs. the competition they played was different than here and you have to wonder how much of it was Dana Holgorson who was a former OC himself.

​

 
Last edited:

Chadrock

All-Conference
Jul 12, 2004
3,123
2,168
103
In partial defense of the kid, virtually ALL of the receivers quit on routes, and didnt even try...
I watched some of the game and will add that most of the team quit.

That game solidified for me a change in fandom.

Nil/tp basically allowed “student athletes” to throw up double middle fingers to fans. Several who could play, including both qb1 and rb1, sat out the game. The Wade kid was put in an unfair position.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Monday Huddle: Kentucky gets second shot at marquee home win
  2. 02 KSR Football Kentucky unveils Power K helmets for throwback game vs. LSU
  3. 03 KSR KSR Show, 10/5: The party continues
  4. 04 KSR Football KSR Today: Kentucky is unranked, LSU is coming, and Lexington is ready
  5. 05 KSR Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.