Favorite linebackers

garddog

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2008
793
100
43
Lots of great ones. Johnnie Cooks was the best. I was at State when Juan Long, Marc Woodard, and Daniel Boyd played, really fun hanging around those guys and knowing them.
 

ServiceDogg

Redshirt
Nov 19, 2017
60
20
8
I really like this topic. Thinking back to some of my favorite players that I've enjoyed watching.
I wouldn't mind seeing topics for other fan's favorites from all the other positions too (QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, S, CB).
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Jamar Chaney was a personal favorite of mine. I'll never forget him laying out Shay Hodge in the 2007 Egg Bowl.

I loved Matt Wells' skillset. Dude was as good of an athlete as I've ever seen at linebacker, I'm shocked he didn't have more of a pro career.

The Chris White game against Florida in 2010 is the most I've ever seen one dude on defense just totally dominate a game.

Also really enjoyed watching McKinney and Beniquez Brown.
 

DudyDog

Senior
Jun 18, 2008
1,802
567
113
Would be targeting today, but oh so worth it.



Jamar Chaney was a personal favorite of mine. I'll never forget him laying out Shay Hodge in the 2007 Egg Bowl.

I loved Matt Wells' skillset. Dude was as good of an athlete as I've ever seen at linebacker, I'm shocked he didn't have more of a pro career.

The Chris White game against Florida in 2010 is the most I've ever seen one dude on defense just totally dominate a game.

Also really enjoyed watching McKinney and Beniquez Brown.
 
Last edited:

$altyDawg

Senior
Aug 30, 2018
1,322
590
113
the Ole Miss Game where Fourcade ended up beating us in Jackson.

Fourcade would have never had the opportunity if not for one of the most ridiculous PI calls ever made.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation