Excellent SI article on the game

AssEndDawg

Freshman
Aug 1, 2007
3,183
54
48
happy to see Stricklin keeping good relations with guys like Rich Rod? I think we got the coach we want to keep for a long time but I'm happy to see Stricklin glad-handing good coaches around the nation.
 

Frances Drebin

Redshirt
Nov 16, 2005
1,639
0
0
...I don't like the "Michigan doesn't lose to teams who finish fifth in the SEC West" and the "Mississippi State shouldn't have better players that Michigan" overtones. Michigan's best years are behind them as they play in an overrated and overmatched conference. As we saw today, most of the Big Ten doesn't even belong on the same field as most of the SEC. At some point, I'd like to see us get more respect, and less comments like "Mississippi State is good, but..."
 

Chesusdog

All-American
May 2, 2006
5,134
5,556
113
He definitely seems to spin it more towards Michigan being bad rather than State is good.
 

DawgNsuds

Senior
Jun 4, 2007
970
719
93
I mean he lost to a Florida team that was worse than State. 5th in the SEC West is a misleading characterization when you look at the teams that finished above us. It's been posted before about the success that the SEC West has had outside of it's division, Big 10 can have it's Legends and Leaders.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  5. 05 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State