Every phase is a disaster

chickenpatty2

All-Conference
Mar 21, 2013
1,433
1,678
73
Been a fan since before I was a student, from late 70s.
Schiano - good guy, builder of men, all that.
Bad coach.
His teams, offense and defense, regularly look like Bill Murray's troop running the obstacle course.
It's tiring.
I actually believe it's a main reason why many Rutgers guys thrive in the NFL, as they are bright and are so desperate for solid coaching that they are the perfect type of players to work harder than others might expect, soak it all in, and end up doing well.
I don't need the loud music between every play. I don't need the Block Rs everywhere. What I would simply like, is a team that looks like it is somewhat cohesive.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mikemarc
Oct 19, 2010
209,360
30,907
48
Season is reminding me of 2004. 2003 season was a year RU finally wasn’t terrible. 2004 was a disappointing step back. Whatever. That’s all I got. So disappointing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JRZEER

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,044
16,848
113
Season is reminding me of 2004. 2003 season was a year RU finally wasn’t terrible. 2004 was a disappointing step back. Whatever. That’s all I got. So disappointing.
I'm reminded of how the 2008 season started with the play the last 3 games, hopefully it won't continue and we'll be pleasantly surprised that the remaining 5 games turns out like the end of 2008 did
I won't count on that happening, just hope it can
 

drewbagel423

All-Conference
Oct 30, 2006
5,891
2,180
113
I'm reminded of how the 2008 season started with the play the last 3 games, hopefully it won't continue and we'll be pleasantly surprised that the remaining 5 games turns out like the end of 2008 did
I won't count on that happening, just hope it can
That team had great receivers and a senior QB in Teel. It wasn't until the OC started opening up the playbook and airing it out against a weak Big East that we rattled off all those wins. Unlikely to happen this year.
 

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,044
16,848
113
That team had great receivers and a senior QB in Teel. It wasn't until the OC started opening up the playbook and airing it out against a weak Big East that we rattled off all those wins. Unlikely to happen this year.
true 2024 won't likley be ending like 2008 did , but Rutgers did beat some fairly good BE opponents when they made their run after stinking up the place in the beginning
UConn (8-5) went to a bowl that year.
Pitt (9-4) was #17 when RU beat them and went to the Sun Bowl as the #2 in BE
South Florida ( 8-5) went bowling that year.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report How former Rutgers Football players performed in the NFL's Week Four
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Six
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers Football versus Maryland Game Time Announced
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football Every throw from Rutgers Football Quarterbacks versus Indiana